'Big Bang' experiment starts well

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Scientists have hailed a successful switch-on for an enormous experiment which will recreate the conditions a few moments after the Big Bang.
They have now fired two beams of particles called protons around the 27km-long tunnel which houses the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
The £5bn machine on the Swiss-French border is designed to smash protons together with cataclysmic force.
Scientists hope it will shed light on fundamental questions in physics.
The first - clockwise - beam completed its first circuit of the underground tunnel at just before 0930 BST. The second - anti-clockwise - beam successfully circled the ring after 1400 BST.

Read The Full Article

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
Is there any hope that this experiment will create a blck hole which leads to the end of the world..
i dont really want to study

keshavasiva

Banned
Hmmm.. i dont feel... waiting for a big face bang aren't they?

Dude I read in the news that one girl ended her life seeing these rumors of end of the world... wth?

Last edited:

ManishSinha

Addicted to FOSS
Is there any hope that this experiment will create a blck hole which leads to the end of the world..
i dont really want to study
The scientists at LHC dont deny the possibility of tiny black holes being created,but they state that those tiny ones will not gobble up the whole planet.
Just hope that these tiny black holes vanish after being created.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The experiment is important, to know the creation of life. Some cowards just rumored off the world ending. Nothing is gonna happen. Sure there will be black holes, but they will be so small to do any real damage. And they will vanish quickly.

Last edited:

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
the experiment is said to help aid to make time machines and so...
i wonder what will happen in next 20 yrs. until results starting appear..:rolleyes:

adi007

Youngling
The experiment is impotant, to know the creation of life. Some cowards just rumored off the world ending. Nothing is gonna happen. Sure there will be black holes, but they will be so small to do any real damage. And they will vanish quickly.

Guys why u presume that the ill effects if any from this exp will happen at that instant only
It may take few years
If u ask me I DISAPPROVE THIS EXP
any exp done inside earth (underground) will surely cause some impact...
And Cool G5 : impotant .. ROFL :D

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Seriously Guys, theres pretty much no probability (0.1%) for the formation of a micro-black-hole. And people think that a huge black hole will eat us up? :lol:
For those who havent gone through; heres a detailed thread.

Clear your facts by reading all the posts and provided links in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom