Best possible Smartphone with Windows OR Android OS under 6000 INR

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
My cousin is looking out for phone strictly under 6000 INR for his college going daughter. She is not much of tech savy & her usage would be average i.e for surfing, whats app & calls.

1. Budget
Strictly under 6k after applying all discount offers.

2. Display type and size?
best possible within budget

3. Dual sim?
Not necessary

4. Preferred choice of brand?
from Reputed brands only. No to all INDO CHINI brands,

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Anything decent will suffice. flash & front cam needed.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android & Windows. But my guess is they will go for droids only

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G will do.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Camera, Music & Videos, Internet surfing, May be light games.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Asus Zenfone C as they like the look of my Zenfone 5 A501CG

10. Any other info that you want to share.
Suggest best option within 6k & will be getting it from Flipkart as 10% discount on Visa cards till 5th April 2015.

Thanks & Regards
Sandeep M.

$hadow

Geek in making
I have seen lumia 535 selling for 7k in local market and also at amazon.
Or for android you can consider lenovo A6000 or Moto g 1st gen.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
For that price range and requirements,id highly suggest Lumia (there are quite a few for that price,just depends on preference and needs)
Android phones for that range arent worth it at all and are usually poorly built except for a few(mentioned below)
if she wants android- Zenfone ,Moto E are no brainers but id still go with Windows Phone for those requirements
one thing though-if she uses snapchat,there is no snapchat available on windows phone(yet),other than that,its perfect for her

$hadow

Geek in making
And also snapchat removed the option to add your device for those using windows phone.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
+1 to Zenphone C. No point in buying Moto E 1st gen because of crap camera or newer Moto E (either sd200 or sd410 versions) because it overshoots the budget.

Pratibha

Right off the assembly line
Under 6k price, I am suggesting you for Intex Aqua Star 2. It is the best phone under your budget. The screen size is 5 inch with IPS display for clear images and perfect with large display for gaming purpose. It offers dual sim feature, 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory. It runs on Android v4.4.2 kitkat and 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It has 8 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera with flash to capture the perfect pictures. The battery capacity is 2000 mAh for long time talking. The connectivity options are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB and 3G supported. The other features provide FM, video, audio and GPS. Aqua Star 2 released date on Feb 2015.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Under 6k price, I am suggesting you for Intex Aqua Star 2. It is the best phone under your budget. The screen size is 5 inch with IPS display for clear images and perfect with large display for gaming purpose. It offers dual sim feature, 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory. It runs on Android v4.4.2 kitkat and 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It has 8 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera with flash to capture the perfect pictures. The battery capacity is 2000 mAh for long time talking. The connectivity options are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB and 3G supported. The other features provide FM, video, audio and GPS. Aqua Star 2 released date on Feb 2015.

The phone isn't even listed on GSMArena :facepalm:

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks to all of you guys...
I will be speaking with my cousin today evening & if he says yes for windows then I'm thinking of Nokia Lumia 630 single/ double sim provided flash not needed.

Else ZenFone C or if he increase budget then
lenovo A6000 or huawei honor holly

Whats your opinion??

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I will be speaking with my cousin today evening & if he says yes for windows then I'm thinking of Nokia Lumia 630 single/ double sim provided flash not needed.

Whats your opinion??

why 630?? get Lumia 532 instead
same price,same stuff but 1gb ram(not that 512mb is bad in WP)
Microsoft Lumia 532 (Dual SIM, Black): Buy Microsoft Lumia 532 (Dual SIM, Black) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

- - - Updated - - -

Whats your opinion??

avoid huawei,poor quality etc,not worth it at all imho
lenovo- good specs,decent build ,poor camera,extremely poor update system and rom(personal experience with Lenovo androids),ASS is not great but better than other 'chinese' brands
Redmi 2- good specs,decent camera, build isnt premium like with Asus or Lumia,poor ASS
Asus- amazing specs,poor battery life,good build,decent roms and so far good update system,good ASS comparitively
Lumia-lacks camera flash,camera is the best in this range despite being 5mp(and lack of flash),SD200 may look bad on paper but since its running windows phone not android,itll fly thanks to good optimisation of the os,update system is great as well

so imho only consider Zenfone C or Lumia 532

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Was unaware of 532 so if it better then 630 strikeout...

Totally agree with you on asus & infact they all loved the looks too.
So now just 532 & asus zenfone c

$hadow

Geek in making
Was unaware of 532 so if it better then 630 strikeout...

Totally agree with you on asus & infact they all loved the looks too.
So now just 532 & asus zenfone c

Which is a personal preference. I would still say that you should check out your local market for L535. But l532 is what I suggest you should get if you are not able to buy L535.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Sorry guys...
We are postponing the purchase of mobile on my niece's request as she do not want any distractions during her IPCC examination [ Chartered Accountancy 2nd year examination]

Will update you later after 16 th May when her exams get over.....

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Sorry guys...
We are postponing the purchase of mobile on my niece's request as she do not want any distractions during her IPCC examination [ Chartered Accountancy 2nd year examination]

sure :)
by then more options should open up as well!!you will even get more time to research/check out phones and reviews etc

$hadow

Geek in making
Sorry guys...

Well that is one hell of a studious student. But I would say it will be going to be in her favor since the 640 and 640 XL are coming out on 7th most probably and till 16th May there would be a lot of options.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks, in fact I'm waiting for 640 for myself.

Yes she is very studious girl & till now she has used her dads old phones only....

In addition to exam pressure her grandmother with whom she was very close expired just 15 days back & she is bit down since then.

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks, in fact I'm waiting for 640 for myself.

Yes she is very studious girl & till now she has used her dads old phones only....

In addition to exam pressure her grandmother with whom she was very close expired just 15 days back & she is bit down since then.

sorry for the loss.

Top Bottom