Best LED/LCD TV less than 29"

Soumik

Padawan
Best LED/LCD TV less than 29"

Hi,

Am in the market for a new TV. My current one is almost 20 yrs old, and the picture tube is causing problems. (Sam. Used to love that TV). We had created a wooden showcase around the TV along the wall. So, essentially, i cannot get a larger TV that the space allows.
I measured it, and it comes to about 73cm in width. I am guessing that would be just short of the width of a 32" TV. If so, what would be the best TV to get within this screen size. Shouldnt be less than 22". :)
For budget, i can go high, but i would rather keep it low, since its not a big TV anyways. (It would probably be there for a few years only.)

For connectivity,
WIFI: would be a bonus, but not required.
HDMI : Not really required.
USB: Should be able to read my 2TB ext HDD
Normal connections to connect to my age old dvd player, and local cable set top box. (non HD. Dont think the HD box is worth being 5 times the cost of a normal one.)

Most important is picture quality, and that should be as best as possible for the price range. That translates to : Good enough resolution (I would prefer full HD),
Deep blacks (High dynamic contrast)
Good refresh rate (60 Hz or above)

Thanks in advance :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can someone guide me to some good TV outlet where i can compare the latest models togather? Like Croma. Reliance Digital, or some big outlet.

I saw a few in Capitol Electronics, which didnt impress me much. I liked a 22" Onida 1080p TV for 14K, and a sony 24" TV for 23K. But neither of them looked too impressive. (Probably for the content being played on it.)
The TV will be abt 4-6 feet away from where we sit and watch, so pixalization is very evident, when compared to our old CRT TV.

Top Bottom