Best flip phone for ~7k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Requirements:
Features: decent cam + video recording, auto focus preferred, memory card slot, music player, BT
Brand: SE or Nokia

Please suggest a nice flip/clamshell asap as I need to gift it to someone next week. The first phone that came to my mind was the Z750i but I'm not sure if its available for <7k. I can extend my budget by a thousand if the phone is incredibly good looking.

P.S.: How's the Z770i? Has anyone used it?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Have you thought of the W380i? I dont think the Z750 is available yet. The Z770i is a good one, but you have to be extensive in your search. :p

utsav

damn busy...
Nokia sucks in clamshell phones department. Get any sony or moto . Forget nokia .

OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Have you thought of the W380i? I dont think the Z750 is available yet. The Z770i is a good one, but you have to be extensive in your search. :p
The W380 looks a bit childish. I'm gifting this to a 30 y.o. lady, so I'm looking for something that's a bit conservative or classy. The Z770i is available on ebay for $200 and its sister phone, the TM506, is available on univercell for Rs. 9,615. The Z750 is available for 15k which is wayy out of my price range. I'm currently trying to source its sister phone, the Z610 which should be available for much less. These SEs are so frickin expensive for the amount of features on offer.

@utsav: What moto do you recommend? The only moto flips that I'm familiar with are the RAZRs and they look outdated now.

sujoyp

Grand Master
How abt Z555i @ 5k it looks stylish *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_z555-2199.php

Or MOTO U9 *www.gsmarena.com/motorola_u9-2147.php

Both look somewhat stylish (For ladies and girls ):p

k4ce

Youngling
if u are ok bout a slider , there is the motorola em325 (em25 in some countries) for about 5k ... its a good looking slider ... and its within ur budget ... instead of the z555 , i wud recommend the z550i (provided u can still find it) ... its a more sturdy handset ... there is also the z558 which has handwriting recog and stuff for bout 7-8k ...

OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Thanks for the replies guys. I tried the Z555 at a shop last night but it doesn't look all that great. I'll be sure to check out the U9 which btw almost looks like a PEBL U6.

The RAZR looks very outdated. I've seen watchmen and electricians in my area using the original 6600 and RAZR which probably speaks volumes about its popularity these days. I did check out the RAZR2 but that's pretty expensive. The original RAZR is available for $30 on ebay if anyone wants one.

No sliders, candybars or flip down phones for her. She's way too picky about these things.

At the moment, its either the U9, Z610 or Z770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom