Best drivers for the nvidia 6800

Do we frequently need to change/update our graphics drivers?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends upon.......(explain in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Hi, i just bought a dell laptop with the nvidia 256mb Go 6800 card. The following drivers are installed:-
nv4_disp (6.14.10.6771 -nvidia Forceware 67.71)

Since i have had not too much of an experience with graphics cards. Should i be regularly looking for updates of this card or should i leave these drivers forever.

Please advice !!
Thanks

expertno.1

Technomancer
it depsens upon the type of game

if its high tech game which doesnt run corrclty hen i update my drivers coz they improve a little bit performance

otherwise i wont update my drivers

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Well, it depends on your connection speed :wink: If it doesn't take long to d/l the drivers, then definitely update them once a fortnight or once a month. They usually boost performance marginally but still, even if you don't, it doesn't actually matter much.

But yes, if a new driver version addresses some known problem/bug in a particular game etc, then you need to update.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Get your updates directly from Dell. The list of products for which the latest nVidia drivers have been released do not have the the Go series listed. I have the same issue with my ATi Radeon Mobility 9700 card. The drivers are available only through Dell and not through ATi. Just check the Dell website every 2-3 months for updates and download them when they become available.

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Thanks nemesis thats quite a logical solution to the issue. Will do that. Actually didn't know that Dell would provide software updates for some third party software.

expertno.1

Technomancer
for third party softwares we have downlaod them n the internet and there is no any other solution for this

About Dell 2-3 months are enough to wait

also till u have any problem or any low sppeeed there is no need to update the drivers..similar to flashing the mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom