Best Deal for Macbook Pro MD313?

aroraanant

Explorer
Thats really a good deal you have got.
And you could have tried one more thing, I talked to a premium reseller once and they were also offering me MS Office for free.
Anyways PM me for any info.

OP
P

ParryD

Broken In
And you could have tried one more thing, I talked to a premium reseller once and they were also offering me MS Office for free.

Yup... he offered me too. Office for Mac Student - for 3 machines only with Word, Excel & PP instead of these accessories.

prvprv

Journeyman
@aroraanant, @ParryD and other MBP owners.. Hows are the temperatures on your MBP? Especially at the palm rest.?
What about the fan noise and rpm?

aroraanant

Explorer
I can even hear the fan noise, but from last few days the temperature has increase, it heats a lot, but no complains to the manufacturer, I use it on my bed so that is the reason.

OP
P

ParryD

Broken In
@aroraanant, @ParryD and other MBP owners.. Hows are the temperatures on your MBP? Especially at the palm rest.?
What about the fan noise and rpm?

Buddy, have actually used the notebook for more than 1.5 hour at a stretch till now as yesterday was my first full day with it.

Will surely check & revert? Which model are you using?

prvprv

Journeyman
^^ Mine is also same model as urs MD313

processor temps mostly will be between 60 - 70 C and fan rpm around 2k to 3k but when i play movies < 720p or run XP virtual machine or play youtube videos the fan rpm goes
all the way to 6200.

Although aluminium works as a good heat dissipant, I feel uncomfortable while typing because some times the palm rests will cross 38 degrees C

Has anyone checked this, the heatsink fan in the rear blows hot air onto the MBP screen. You can clearly feel it when the fan is rotating at higher rpm.

I wonder how things are going with those users who use mac mostly for multimedia authoring purposes because they are mostly high resource consuming applications.

@aroraanant do you game on MBP?

OP
P

ParryD

Broken In
Thanks for your feedback prvprv; though am yet to experience such stuff.

Otherwise, how long have you been using MBP 313 & what has been your review on the machine?

prvprv

Journeyman
I've been using it for 3+ months.
Installed Windows and working on java developement using eclipse, etc.

Things I like in MBP are: Light weight, Hight quality screen, backlit keyboard, multi gesture trackpad, Magsafe Charger, Battery power indicator at the left side, good battery backup.

Things I dont like in MBP : Only one air vent for air passage, heat, No space between USB ports (as aroraanath said), single audio port (mic/speaker), wrong placement of keningston security port beside dvd drive. High price :D
(bought it for 80+ k including AppleCare. Had it been around 60K I wouldn't have mentioned any of these negatives :D)

aroraanant

Explorer
Even I am having the same model i.e. MD313.
And No, I don't game on my Macbook, I have other laptops for that purpose,infact its like now I hardly play games,its very rare I guess, it only happens when some of my friends tempt me but now that also has changed as I m living a different life now, I can't spare much time, the spare time I get, I devote it to TDF :p

And I haven't installed any virtual windows also because I have two laptops and one computer, one runs on vista, other on 7 and the pc has got xp but I hardly use my pc, it has not been turned from a long time.

Top Bottom