Best Camcorder (15K-20K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hi all,

posting after a long time :) ok, i need to know what are the best camcorders available in the market. my budget is around 15K-20K

thanx in advance.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, walk to the nearest Sony World showroom and pick up any Sony camcorder that fits your budget. Go for Sony camcorders. They are the best.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
panasonic ones r gud 2.
i cant specify the xact model, but whatever u buy,make sure the recording medium is a mini -dv tape.
it offers the best resolution personal videocams can offer. sony 1's r costly tho......i guess bcoz the have touch screen,which i think is not needed unless ur gonna use it alongwith atm,s.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Sony has always this properitary problems. It uses digital 8 or some format like that. And the touch screen may be available in some high-end models. I have a Panasonic camcorder though.

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
how im gonna transfer my recorded stuff to my pc. is usb connectivity is provided in sony/panasonic??

what r the decent specs for a camcorder w.r.t. megapixel n optical zoom? does still photos r also saved onto the mini-dv??

S

saiaspire

Pana

USB and Firewire are provided in Panasonic. Dunno abt Sony

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
no u have to insert a memory card for saving photos ,,but the pics on a camcorder are almost useless.no quality whatsoever.
i suggest u use it for only its main purpose i.e. movie making

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
suggest me a camcorder (i mean model name n brand). which has all the features that r required n decent performace.
actually, i never used a camcorder b4 so dont know abt what features are required :)

shaunak

Tux Fan
Samsung.
check the fetures on their website.
they have 2 models in ur price range.
both use hi8 media

janitha

Wise Old Owl
PainKiller said:
suggest me a camcorder (i mean model name n brand). which has all the features that r required n decent performace.
actually, i never used a camcorder b4 so dont know abt what features are required :)

First, buy one with Mini DV Format only. (since with your budget you may not be able buy one with Mini DVD or a 3CCD one). Second, as almost everybody says, Sony is definitely best. Price is of course higher but for clear reasons like better quality, Carl Zeiss Lens, Infolithium battery (which shows remaining time etc. in the panel), better support service etc. I am using a Sony HC-15 and is fully satisfied with it.

V.Prem Kumar

janitha

Wise Old Owl
yash said:
why dont u go for canon? its as good as sony and cheaper

Canon is of course good and can be the second choice but almost everybody prefers Sony for obvious reasons. (In case of Still cameras, Canon is considered best for both Digital and Film for which I also use Canon ones only)

V.Prem Kumar

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Thats a still camera. If you have seen Powershot ad featuring Maria, then its the one she uses to click the picture.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Hey zombie wat is the cost of Canon L2IS and u buying it from indian market or from abroad?
and btw is sony DSC-P200 a gud cam to invest in????

janitha

Wise Old Owl
zombie said:
Thats a still camera. If you have seen Powershot ad featuring Maria, then its the one she uses to click the picture.

From what I could find, Canon L2 is a Hi-8 Handicam and not a still one

V.Prem Kumar

janitha

Wise Old Owl
hellomotto said:
JVC d520 price 19k good entry level Camcorder according to BetterPhotography

only if it is Mini DV! Otherwise you may find it difficult to transfer, edit etc. Of course you can do it even otherwise, using capture cards but with loss of quality.

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.