Status
Not open for further replies.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I m using avira now after kaspersky hogged my comp too much . . .it uses less resourse . . And avira was also faster in detecting virus than kasper . . . Only prob is that it failed to update . . . Havin prob with connecting to net . . . I m still to know how good is update . . .

Gprs is so prob . . . And my com also crashes time to time . . . Mostly wen i play nfs underground . . .

Last edited:

dreamzchm

Web Design Hobbyist
I didnt get it... are u assuming that Rs. 850/- means Pirated KIS ?? :lol: no sir, its marketed by Kaspersky them self... in India max of the softwares are cheap we usually think about their USD values, NIS 08 is Rs. 1900/- + TAX NOD32 (the v2) is Rs. 1600/-... Where as KIS used to be 1700/- but from 2007 they have slashed the prices to half :D

as for Piracy is concern.. one thing I can confirm that KIS needs online verification so even you obtain pirated keys or such within few weeks you would see KIS has stoped it self as it would through worning the key is black listed :)
Guys, KIS is available in Assam also with very cheap price... I bought it for only 700 bucks.Working fine.... and they need to validate the serial number online so, no trace of piracy... i got my account with Kaspersky lab... updates are readily downloaded automatically.

shift

Seed is the Life!!
NOD32 missed a virus/worm

i have ESET NOD32, ESET Smart Security installed with virus definition of 3192 (20080616) and missed a virus/worm

scanned by didn't find any

disabled my task manager, registry editor, pop up a browser and try to download system_defender.exe, gives random dialog box saying that the pc is infected etc...etc...etc.....

*img165.imageshack.us/img165/2792/nod32el2.jpg

suggest me another anti-virus software

---------------------------------------------------

plus again this one

*img403.imageshack.us/img403/3772/wtfjd6.jpg

*img262.imageshack.us/img262/5935/wtf2rt7.jpg

background changed by itself with red bio-hazard logo, and when left click open browser to *antivirus-2008pro.com/scanner.php?aff=DB, create 3 desktop icon shortcut and target file lead to *antivirus-2008pro.com/scanner.php?aff=DB

disable control panel > Display, Ctrl+E key

suggest me another anti-virus software
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Last edited:

New

Padawan
Try Kaspersky..It's available with free 6 months licence now..

hacker.kracker

Broken In
try trend micro house call first to remove the virus - see if it solves the problem - if it does then get ur self a trend micro - if TM house call does not solve your problems - try kaspersky - since you can force install even on infected computers - do the cleaning first - before you can permanently settle down for a AV of your choice !

shift

Seed is the Life!!
format C......reinstall windows.......... problem solved........... dont know whether this virus will come again :)

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Hi...

i have seen lot of threads on Best Antivirus..

In my experience,I think, this is the general truth about antivirus..

No antivirus is 100% safe..
All anti virus software are weak in one area...
So determining a Best Anti virus is most critical matter.. and solely decided by user base..
But, regular installing windows and antivirus updates, regular scanning for virus/spyware, applying strict polices, tightening the firewall and watching security news reg threats are the only way to safe our computer 100%..

im never faced a severe virus/spyware attach to my system in past 4 years...
becoz of im doing above things as regularly as possible...

I expect some reply to my person opinons.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
nod32 ne dhokha diya...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/22.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/112.gif restart karne ke baad bhi delete nahi kar paaya......

*b.imagehost.org/t/0007/cbXQkhih_dll.jpg

Kaspersky vs nod32.
kaspersky rocks *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/111.gif

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Best detection rate : Avira Antivir
Test results from av-test.org and av-comparatives suggests this. And my experience also suggests this. Avira caught many virii missed by kaspersky, nod32, avg and avast in my colloge's hostile environment.

Most Feature Rich : Kaspersky

Lighest and Fastest Engine : Nod32

Best overall : Avira Antivir PE

utsav

damn busy...
Norton is the only av sold in my city. Rest all r pirated :)) i use avast 4.8 :D .it rocks and the best part is av update which are so small that i cant notice on the internet bandwidth meter.

Invisible_Cop

Right off the assembly line
Hi buddy use kaspersky internet security.It's the best right now compare to all other products.new version is very light when it run back ground scan you won`t feel any changes in your system.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
some files r detected as virus/trojan in some antiviruses but the same files r not
dectected as virus in another :D how strange

I have one doubt one of my frnd installed nod32 whose expired date was 15June
but now it has become 15July ..:confused: how can this be ...

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Best detection rate : Avira Antivir
Test results from av-test.org and av-comparatives suggests this. And my experience also suggests this. Avira caught many virii missed by kaspersky, nod32, avg and avast in my colloge's hostile environment.

Most Feature Rich : Kaspersky

Lighest and Fastest Engine : Nod32

Best overall : Avira Antivir PE

+1. I am a happy Avira AntiVir PE user. Never got a virus. Extremely light too.

Norton was good in 2000. not anymore-its just a bloat now days. Thebest AntiVirus softwares are free.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi mods, please make this thread as sticky, its informative and will restrict newer people opening threads on same topic.
U just closed one thread on same topic yesterday.
Thanx.

mumpapa

Right off the assembly line
free and best antivirus

can anybody tell me the best antivirus which is free to download and it can protect the computer from every virus

Status
Not open for further replies.