Best Android smartphone under Rs.9000

Linkeloed

Broken In
Hello digit community. My friend wants a 'branded' android smartphone and he is on a tight budget. He wants to have it under Rs.9000, not a penny more. I have these models in mind :-

Nokia x
Sony Xperia E1 dual
Samsung galaxy s duos

Please help me out with this. Thanks.

Edit:
1. Budget?
Rs.9000

2. Display type and size?
Should be 3.5" or more

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any reputed brand (sony, samsung, nokia etc)

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Any

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G + wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Should be able to open pdf at ease and other office work stuff

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
All

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Nokia X
Galaxy S duos 2
Sony xepria E1

12. Any other info that you want to share
nope

Last edited:

moniker

Broken In
Not s duos. Go for S duos 2. It has a better CPU than xperia e1. But not sure how good the videocore GPU is. E1 only has 512mb ram but Sony has promised kitkat for it, s duos 2 is comes with jelly bean 4.2 out of the box and update hasn't been announced yet.

sushovan

In the zone
Go for S Duos 2 ( not S duos strictly, which is crap). E1 is the king of overpriced phones and Nokia X is a failure.

don't go for S Duos. Crappiest phone ever. S Duos 2 is more than just a small upgrade.
Not small, but rather a good upgrade..........

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ryN1HQoyU

AnTutu - 12111 vs 9902 (Xperia M)
Quadrant - 3695 vs 4147
Vellamo - 1524 vs 1800

It runs Asphalt 8, FIFA 14,.... i.e high end games

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Looks like S duos 2 seems to be the best option but in what aspect does Nokia X isnt good?

Chipset: dualcore Cortex A5 which is 2yr old. All other mobile manufacturers jumped to either dualcore Cortex A7 or even quadcore Cortex A7 in the budget space. S Duos 2 has dualcore Cortex A9. with slow processor you got a slow GPU. Compare it to Lumia 520 which has dualcore Krait which is even faster than Cortex A9 (A5 << A7 < A9 < Krait). X is crippled by Nokia. They did this deliberately or not doesn't matter.

OS: runs on Android 4.1 modded to the core. Samsung, LG, Sony all use themes so even with all the UI change they retain the Android feel. X doesn't. Add to that you have play store missing and android app support is partial at best.

I don't like Samsung mobiles because they fall short on the H/W front against the likes of Sony & Nokia but under 10k S Duos 2 is the only mobile worth investing.

Not small, but rather a good upgrade..........

thats what i mean ;) S Duos has all sort of freezing problem which never got rectified. Android 4.1 update was planned but ultimately got panned.

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=229503]Linkeloed[/MENTION]
All phones you have mentioned are crappy phones your friend may like gionee M2 very large battery looks good too.don't buy budget phones from samsung you will almost suffer from battery problem after 1 yrs and even if you buy a new battery from samsung they too are not of good quality.

Top Bottom