[Want to Buy] Belkin,Redgear HDMI 1mtr-3mtrs Cable

Which cable exhibits best all round performance?

• DVI Cable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
your requirements???

If only for video signal then go for DVI. If you will use a 120Hz monitor then definitely go for DVI.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
your requirements???

If only for video signal then go for DVI. If you will use a 120Hz monitor then definitely go for DVI.

I asked cable for increasing gaming performance not for any other purpose. I am getting screen refresh rate of 60Hz only and resolution of 1600x900 while using HDMI but my DVI is giving full resolution of 1920x1020. I want to know why? Is it HDMI cable fault or the monitor ?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
A cable simply wont increase your game performance... Most generic HDMI cables will suffice.. Heck, even a VGA cable will give you the VERY SAME display.. I have checked it out myself (switched DVI And VGA, absolutely no differnce)

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
A cable simply wont increase your game performance... Most generic HDMI cables will suffice.. Heck, even a VGA cable will give you the VERY SAME display.. I have checked it out myself (switched DVI And VGA, absolutely no differnce)
Thanks for solving my problem but I have another problem which is specified below. I used Red-gear HDMI cable bought from flipkart and I got the below problem any help regarding that....
I am getting screen refresh rate of 60Hz only and resolution of 1600x900 while using HDMI but my DVI is giving full resolution of 1920x1020. I want to know why? Is it HDMI cable fault or the monitor ?

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Its the fault of neither.. HD 7770 @ HDMI can only output @60 HZ AFAIK.. use DVI for maximum refresh rate

I tested the output not in only HD7770 but also in HD7850 where the maximum resolution I got via HDMI is 1200x600 where as via DVI I got 1920x1080 resolution in HD7850. What could be the problem, the Red Gear HDMI cable or the Dell ST2220L LED monitor. I simply don't know yet... Can anybody solve my problemo?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I tested the output not in only HD7770 but also in HD7850 where the maximum resolution I got via HDMI is 1200x600 where as via DVI I got 1920x1080 resolution in HD7850. What could be the problem, the Red Gear HDMI cable or the Dell ST2220L LED monitor. I simply don't know yet... Can anybody solve my problemo?

Im not sure, 1200x600 seems quite low even for HDMI port.. Perhaps its the fault of the monitor itslef ?

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Im not sure, 1200x600 seems quite low even for HDMI port.. Perhaps its the fault of the monitor itslef ?

I was thinking that may be it was the fault of cable rather than the monitor even though I tested it with 2 different GPU's. I have yet to buy a Premium Cable mate.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My problem with the HDMI cable was solved in this manner, where my display is Dell ST2220L which shows some borders and does not scale or match upto the resolution of my Dell ST2220L desktop display:

Unable to adjust a digital display to match the resolution of the desktop:

Last Updates: 6/25/2010
Article Number: GPU-72 ​Issue Description:

There are black borders around the Windows® desktop because the desktop doesn’t completely fill the entire screen area.

*support.amd.com/PublishingImages/Support/GPU-72/blackborders.png

Solution:

Use the Scaling option available within the AMD Vision Engine Control Centre to adjust the screen to fit the digital display

• Note! In order to use the scaling option within AMD Vision Engine Control Center, the following conditions must be met (otherwise the scaling option may be greyed out). Analogue connections such as VGA, S-Video or component do not support scaling adjustments within the AMD Vision Engine Control Centre-so, these will need to be adjusted on the monitor or screen controls.
    • A digital connection is used:
      • DVI (via DVI-to-HDMI™ adapter)
      • HDMI
      • DisplayPort
    • A resolution and refresh rate supported by the digital display is used
    • Please refer to the display's manual for a list of supported resolutions and refresh rates
    • The latest AMD graphics driver is installed
Instructions on how to use the scaling option within AMD Vision Engine Control Center:

1. Use either method below to open the AMD Vision Engine Control Center -
    a. Select Start | Programs | AMD Vision Engine Control Center or ​
    b. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select AMD Vision Engine Control Center
  2. Expand the My Digital Flat Panel left hand side menu
  3. Select Scaling Options (Digital Flat Panel) as shown in the picture below

*support.amd.com/PublishingImages/Support/GPU-72/blackbordersgoing.png
  4. Then move the Scaling Options slider side to side until the image fills the entire HDTV screen as seen in the picture below, then press the Apply button to keep the changes.

*support.amd.com/PublishingImages/Support/GPU-72/blackbordersgone.png

Top Bottom