Being Online

Do you think you are safe even if you have Antivirus scanner,Firewall etc Installed?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cant Say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello All,

Being Online is Like being on heaven and there is also the "BUT" factor - SECURITY.

I have been accessing the net from my home for about a month. I take precautions by installing a firewall , Antivirus scanner , and spyware filter and reguarly keep updating the databases.
I was sure that these measures will protect me from the "BAD" part of the net (hackers, spyware etc ).Today i reinstalled my OS and it has been 5 hrs since i am online. Ok i think im protected; :buzz: Zone alaram - 355 intrusions have been blocked , 32 of those have been high rated!!! WOW thats a lot in 5 hrs

So i ask u guys "Am I Safe" ? - "Are You Safe" ?

Can i trust my PC to do online transactions(credit card, bank account etc) ?

I currently use a dial up connection but will be getting a Dataone Connection this week. Im really woried for my security. Can u guys help.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Can i trust my PC to do online transactions(credit card, bank account etc) ?

This is a doubtable issue .

It totally depends upon you .
If you have the best antivirus and best friewall softie with the latest updates then u can try you credit card etc

but then also you are not safe

as you have just installed the xp i recommend you to install xp sp2 coz many vulnerabilites will be fixed

Yes you may use your computer for credit cardss etc
but security is the main issue keeping in mind the best protection

Thanks
REgardss.
Expertno.1

ishaan

Padawan
a lil bit of spyware gets in here or there but ive not gotten a major virus since ages ago...nimda

and b4 u start installing fifty three apps 2 prevent ur pc from getting hacked...not virus...hacked, think about this. dz ne1 really want that classified 'for your eyes only' auto destructing top secret notepad file locked away in the depths of ur HDD ?

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
With so many viruses being discovered everyday , you cannot be 100% safe . But if you are cafeful during browsing that not to open any harmful attachement , then you can possibly avoid it.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm if u talk online tranjaction from my PC... then i would say yes i feel safe... as the reputeted web sites take every precousion to make that tranjction safe...

godsownman

Padawan
See one thing I cannot understand is that I have Zone alarm 6.0 pro installed in my system .

Still there spyware are caught by the anti-syware scanner in Zone Alarm after they have entered the system.

But I know that ZAlarm blocks all outgoing access so I know that nobody can spy at me .

I voted Yes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom