BCCI plans to dump six senior players

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
BCCI plans to dump six senior players
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) plans to dump the big six of Indian cricket — Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Zaheer Khan, Harbhajan Singh and Ajit Agarkar — for the upcoming tour to Bangladesh.

Board officials are likely to convey their wishes to the selectors during a meeting in Mumbai on April 12. Cricket manager Ravi Shastri is also expected to attend the meeting.

The decision to axe the big guns has its roots in the reports submitted by former coach Greg Chappell and manager Sanjay Jagdale in the aftermath of the World Cup debacle.

Even Shastri had said in a television interview, "You have to look at youth in whatever you do — in whatever walk of life — at some stage. There is a shelf period for everything and if you have got to experiment, then do it against Bangladesh."

The Board wants to blood youngsters as it wants to see how good the next line-up is. It feels that despite Bangladesh's stunning victories in the World Cup, it might be the only testing place in world cricket. However, it's quite possible that it has disciplinary measures on its mind too.

"In the working committee meeting last week, the members took the decision to rope in youngsters for the Bangladesh series. Now, it is up to the selectors to understand the situation and do the needful.

We can only suggest the Board's vision. The selectors will have to take the final call," a top BCCI official told TOI . The selectors, it is learnt, are also keen on youngsters for the tour of two Tests and three one-dayers. But they are not sure if wholesale change is the answer.

But the big question is: Where are the replacements? Players almost certain to make the team are Bengal's Manoj Tewary and Mumbai's Ramesh Powar. Among others who stand a good chance are Mohd Kaif (UP), Rohit Sharma (Mumbai), Ranadeb Bose (Bengal), S Badrinath (Tamil Nadu), VRV Singh (Punjab) and Ishaant Sharma (Delhi).

Greg Chappell's favourite, Suresh Raina, cannot be picked as he's recuperating from a knee surgery. "You can't just remove six top players and replace them with six juniors. You have to give them exposure gradually," said a source close to the selectors.

Source :- *worldcup.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1881437.cms

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Why ganguly and why not dravid? Atleast this is a good thing that they're looking forward to trying new players by dropping those who're unlikely to play in the next world cup.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I was in a cricket coaching institute for a while.The one thing that i remember my coach saying was that INDIA has the worlds second largest population but still it's hard to find a good team of 16

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
But he had 70 dot balls in his innings against bermuda.
He was asked to accelerate the scoring rate against bangladesh many times since he is supposed to be the best against lefy arm spinners but he didnt do that.

I agreethat he has made a spectacular comeback but now he is playing for personnel gains.:(

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
Dinesh Karthik was send to give message to accelerate tthe scoring rate many times, but he didnt hear that and said he knew what he wanted to do.

Even though he anchored the innings I still it was reckless from him to give his wicket away as soon as yuvraj got out.

It brought two new batsmen to the crease in immense pressure conditon.

Moreover u have to respect the decision of team management and play as they ask u to play.

Afterall we all saw his disappointment when he got out before his centuary.

shantanu

Technomancer
@ruthless!! you can never take GANGULY so lightly.. he is a kind of player who understands the needs of situation... ok if ganguly played slow.. that dravid, sachin and dhoni did... nothing... if GANGULY would not have been there to give a healthy start the team would not have stood anywhere.. no where..

Ganguly is the best player for me.. and DRAVID he should play cric. at his home with his own child.. he will prove to be a good captain there..

Dinesh Karthik was send to give message to accelerate tthe scoring rate many times, but he didnt hear that and said he knew what he wanted to do.

so what he would have done , play silly shots and loose wicket...

Even though he anchored the innings I still it was reckless from him to give his wicket away as soon as yuvraj got out.
i dont think any player intentionaly give his wicket away...

It brought two new batsmen to the crease in immense pressure conditon.
The condition was created by others(sachin, dravid) etc. they didnt play anything.. just come and went..

Moreover u have to respect the decision of team management and play as they ask u to play.

GANGULY cant be a KATHPUTLI in hands of team management , DID sehwag stayed there for long time, everyone want to play the natural game.. Think before saying...
R U IN BCCI , THAT YOU R SAYING THESE THINGS FOR GANGULY
everyone knows why he played like that..

Afterall we all saw his disappointment when he got out before his centuary.
i think when dravid gets outs.. we all have seen many times.. he loses his temper and says many things and hampers himself with fluting and throwing his BAT to ground etc.. its a common thing... everyone will be dissapointed to get yout on 98..

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Before that, what about dumping out the political vermins infesting the BCCI? What about kicking out prejudiced selectors who root for their zonal players, talent notwithstanding? We are holding players accountable for their performances(or their non-performance rather) - fine, what about the shortcomings of the BCCI? Who gets to kick their butts? Such shameless bozos!

If heads should roll, they should roll from the top. Otherwise all this is just another chapter in the Great Indian Cricket Tamasha. Ah, give me a break!

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
I have agreed earlier that ganguly played spectacularly.
Before he went out of the team ,he was more commited than now.
(Its just my opinion)
I also feel that Ganguly would have made a better captain than dravid.
But you cant just ask dravid to stop cricket.
He is one of the best batsmen of the game.

I also feel that old players should be given a break.
For eg. Dinesh Karthick must have plaed instead of dhoni
S.Sreesanth for Agarker

@shantanu - r u from Bengal(Just got a feeling)

shantanu

Technomancer
But you cant just ask dravid to stop cricket.
He is one of the best batsmen of the game.

yeah true .. a great TEST BATS MAN :D

@shantanu - r u from Bengal

Nopes not from bengal , neither a BENGALI... i am from Dehradun and rooted to Harayana..... :p

shantanu

Technomancer
RAVI SHASTRI replaced chappel (new coach and manager for bangladesh tour)... chappel gave his resgination :D

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
I thought Ravi Shastri was the MANAGER only for the bangladesh tour.
BTW what does Kathputli mean? :D
I am wek in hindi.

rajasekharan

Youngling
oh. ok, so shastri is the new coach....:)

whos the bowling dept charge???
what about fielding???

they said kapildev is gonna come as bowling coach or something???

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
shantanu_webmaster said:
yeah true .. a great TEST BATS MAN :D
He indeed is a great test batsman. But he is a great ODI batsman also.
What tends you to limit him to a test batsman ?

Stats talk:
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50

ODI 309 10004 153 40.01 12 77
Test 106 9151 270 57.91 23 46

All these runs are not made playing in home against his kid.

PS: Ganguly is also a great player. No doubt in that.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
shantanu_webmaster said:
Ganguly is the best player for me.. and DRAVID he should play cric. at his home with his own child.. he will prove to be a good captain there..

Dravid is better than Ganguly when situation demands.
Even though ganguly is taking fifties his spark is gone..seeing ganguly bating these days reminds me of azhar in his last days.Dravids innings is still good as his old days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom