Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Discussion

Had a nice session with charan and sunny on knife only TDM on khargh island
Here is the battle log report
Battlelog / Sign in

Sent from my Windows Phone.

slashragnarok

In the zone

Regarding Battlefield 3. Do I need to install all the patches released till date if I am installing from DVD? Or does the latest patch take care of the previous patches? I do have Origin installed as I had bought FIFA 12. Thanks.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Regarding Battlefield 3. Do I need to install all the patches released till date if I am installing from DVD? Or does the latest patch take care of the previous patches? I do have Origin installed as I had bought FIFA 12. Thanks.

it's total 15.4 GB. without karkand expansion pack

slashragnarok

In the zone

Holy mother of God! Why don't they just include the patches in the latest DVDs. And does it mean I have to download each and every patch? Is the Karkand expansion pack free?

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!

Usually the latest patch is a compilation of all the earlier patches. If it was not, you will end up patching a game for months IF you buy it an year later :p

it's total 15.4 GB. without karkand expansion pack

The total game is 15 GB, the patch will be around 4-5GB.

1. Holy mother of God! Why don't they just include the patches in the latest DVDs.

2. And does it mean I have to download each and every patch?

3. Is the Karkand expansion pack free?

1. They can't.

2. No.

3. No, you have to buy it IF you have the standard edition of the game. If you've got Limited Edition, then you're good to go with B2K.

slashragnarok

In the zone

Okay. thanks for the reply. My installation is almost done. Now to start patching.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!

^^ Great, i'm still waiting for my build to arrive this Friday, and then, I'll join ya all :D

slashragnarok

In the zone

Okay so here's the deal. Origin starts downloading a 4.5 Gig patch and I see there's a patch that was released on 29.03.2012. It's 1.4 GB. If I can manually install this 1.4 GB patch does it mean I don't have to dl the 4.5 Gig patch?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Okay so here's the deal. Origin starts downloading a 4.5 Gig patch and I see there's a patch that was released on 29.03.2012. It's 1.4 GB. If I can manually install this 1.4 GB patch does it mean I don't have to dl the 4.5 Gig patch?

no.. there is no manual installation .. EA forces you to use origin to update the game.

EDIT: Karkand is not free.

slashragnarok

In the zone

Then you need to see this.

FalconEvo BattleField 3 Manual Update – 29.03.2012

If only someone would upload their 4.5 GB update folder.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Then you need to see this.

FalconEvo BattleField 3 Manual Update – 29.03.2012

If only someone would upload their 4.5 GB update folder.

I have seen that.. but the actual part is getting the update from friends..

slashragnarok

In the zone

Well looks like ppl have actually uploaded their files. But I'm not sure how patching actually occurs. Can someone please explain how patching is actually done?

I mean is the downloaded patch used to modify game files? Then at the next update is the new patch used to remodify the files?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

just run FOrigin & let it update the game for you, or ask some kolkata guy to give you the update.(dvd)

btw, ask these non MP related queries here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/137117-battlefield-3-discussion.html

anyone for mp party today? :p
at what time?

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

Five 1km+ headshots.. loved the round..

Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

that 64p instant vehicle respawn server was total chaos.

lets play on some 32p conquest large server which does not have instant vehicle respawn.

_

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

I love this server & I had an awesome round.. Played with fellow snipers

Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

I can't snipe for sh1t :| Even if I work my arse off doing the recon job,I end up mid-bottom of the table without the kills.

Edit: Someone has got the Gooby avatar in that battle report.Going to befriend him :lol::lol:

Top Bottom