Battlefield 3 discussion!

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Dude.. you are ranking up like anything!!! :D in TDF platoon , you are top Assault and Support + top IFV Driver :D, PhotonAttack Jet, Recon and AA Driver!! Tachyon1986 - best Engineer, ico is best Tank driver? I bet he is studying hard for his exams.. and I am the top Helicopter Pilot? I don't fly Copters, I am usually the gunner :D

Lol what, when did I become top Engineer? I usually play Assault.

I had the funniest time of my life as Engineer in Caspian Border once I locked that erm...Robot. Used it to sneak behind a sniper , and burned his ass with it. Repeated it on 3-4 more guys , until they finally killed it :(

Btw, has anyone here unlocked the Mortar? One of the most annoying weapons , especially when you're up against one. It's always entertaining to watch Tarun scream "F***ing Mortars!". I usually am not killed by one as I follow Tarun 20 paces behind for safety ;)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Btw, has anyone here unlocked the Mortar? One of the most annoying weapons , especially when you're up against one. It's always entertaining to watch Tarun scream "F***ing Mortars!". I usually am not killed by one as I follow Tarun 20 paces behind for safety ;)

Yes, I have unlocked all items in Support Class.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Yup.. unlocked the mortar when I started playing as support.. but trust me.. the most annoying weapon is M15 mine.. I usually play as an engineer & take explosive as specialization.. Then I lay mine all over the map.. and then everything starts to go boom.. Love that

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys wondering if we can sum all the id's Digit exclusives can have a new playground. The Thread creator can do that.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
will bf3 work if i use a friends' game/update backup in my origin account?
coz i'm on 3g data plan, i dont have the patience to d/l 5gb of updates.
stupid ea, why are the updates as big as the game :\

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
its big. no. its too big.
free stuff is good, but those idiots should have someone to think from user end.
4gb for a update is too expensive on users with limited bb plans.

anyways, would it work?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
its big. no. its too big.
free stuff is good, but those idiots should have someone to think from user end.
4gb for a update is too expensive on users with limited bb plans.

anyways, would it work?

If I remember correctly, you are a avid game. that means you would know a lot of things about games.

Why would EA or as a matter of fact any company compromise on quality just because some of their users doesn't have any bandwidth?

Users are asking more larger maps , more vehicles, more destruction.. How on earth will they have all these details in a smaller update?

IamMrH

Broken In
Why would EA or as a matter of fact any company compromise on quality just because some of their users doesn't have any bandwidth?

Users are asking more larger maps , more vehicles, more destruction.. How on earth will they have all these details in a smaller update?

I agree. But they should release a standalone patch so that one can download & pass it on to his friends. Or at least we can install on whatever sytem we use to play.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
If I remember correctly, you are a avid game. that means you would know a lot of things about games.

i do love how bf3 is going on now, but still 4gb is too much, they could have released the maps one by one :p, or atleast use some compressing tech.
whatever it is, only ea can bring any change to it.
no use in discussing about it.

and my question has not been answered yet :-|

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I agree. But they should release a standalone patch so that one can download & pass it on to his friends. Or at least we can install on whatever sytem we use to play.

i do love how bf3 is going on now, but still 4gb is too much, they could have released the maps one by one :p, or atleast use some compressing tech.
whatever it is, only ea can bring any change to it.
no use in discussing about it.

and my question has not been answered yet :-|

Yes I would say EA totally F!@# up in terms of the way they provided the updated.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Do you guys know how many copies of BF3 have been sold till now? has EA announced the sale/revenue made from BF3?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Anyone facing high ping in South East Asia servers? , I am getting 250+ pings on the servers where I used to get 70+ ping!!

My connection speed is ok
*www.speedtest.net/result/1667788336.png

this is for SE Asia region , Singapore
*www.speedtest.net/result/1667791651.png

Last edited:

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Eh , not for me. I played BF3 last night (after a long duration..explained below), my pings were pretty normal.

I managed to (FINALLY) update the game using the manual patch method (skip to end of post). Origin kept pushing me back a few GB each time I shutdown the PC and restarted (Several users had this issue).

For instance, I would d/l till 3.4 GB and then shutdown the pc. On the next restart, Origin would resume from 2.2 GB :O , and in one instance it actually started from 144 MB :\ . Well, this **** continued for quite some time, until I finally managed to find a user who had hosted the entire patch on his private server. Used his instructions to do a manual update.

EA should really fix Origin, it's a broken piece of s**t.

For those with trouble updating using Origin , here's the godsend :

*falconevo-blog.no-ip.org/index.php/2011/12/08/battlefield-3-manual-patch-update/

@Charan,

You wanted a stand-alone patch , here it is ^^^

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Eh , not for me. I played BF3 last night (after a long duration..explained below), my pings were pretty normal.

@Charan,

You wanted a stand-alone patch , here it is ^^^

hmm.. looks like its a issue with routing, will check DNS. BTW my copy is fully patched.. I was more worried for others.

I managed to (FINALLY) update the game using the manual patch method (skip to end of post). Origin kept pushing me back a few GB each time I shutdown the PC and restarted (Several users had this issue).

For instance, I would d/l till 3.4 GB and then shutdown the pc. On the next restart, Origin would resume from 2.2 GB :O , and in one instance it actually started from 144 MB :\ . Well, this **** continued for quite some time, until I finally managed to find a user who had hosted the entire patch on his private server. Used his instructions to do a manual update.

EA should really fix Origin, it's a broken piece of s**t.

For those with trouble updating using Origin , here's the godsend :

Battlefield 3 – Manual Patch Update | FalconEvo
No wonder you were not playing these days :p .
Finally, some one figured out how to patch BF3 outside Origin. :) , Thanks for sharing.

@mods, can you please add the above links to the first post of this thread?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think EA does not like the idea of manual update - the original source thread is locked and the posts containing links has been censored ;-)

check out here ;-)
Manual Update Method - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Tachyon1986

In the zone
^^ I think EA does not like the idea of manual update - the original source thread is locked and the posts containing links has been censored ;-)

check out here ;-)
Manual Update Method - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Yep , EA is trying to hide their fail. It's surprising they haven't DELETED the thread itself yet. Anyway, uncensored link for all of you on my previous post , EA can go to hell.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep , EA is trying to hide their fail. It's surprising they haven't DELETED the thread itself yet. Anyway, uncensored link for all of you on my previous post , EA can go to hell.

even they are unsure about this I think .. it can save them some hefty amount on bandwidth though as people who have this manual update won't have to download the huge update again ;-)

Top Bottom