Battery drain!

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys !

As the title suggests, I have huge battery drains in my nexus 7 2013.

After looking through the battery stats, I noticed that mediaserver is using up a lot of battery life when compared to other apps at a whopping 50/%.

I googled It and tried some of the fixes but of no use.

*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/870dcd4688c02f6ee55182224d7fe368.jpg
*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/52ed772d5ee56317b46d471272a02a7c.jpg

I tried deleting some useless media files and cleaning cache and all that but no use.
I didn't factory reset it nor removed all of my media as I have a lot of media files...

Any one experienced this issue and solved it?

Thanks and regards.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have Nexus 7 2012 version. And after observing the list of apps on my device I can confirm that Mediaserver is not an internal app. So it's a third party app which you have installed from somewhere.

Why don't you try to remove the app? Does the app do something significant? The app's causing wake lock and so Nexus is not able to goto deep sleep to conserve battery.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I have Nexus 7 2012 version. And after observing the list of apps on my device I can confirm that Mediaserver is not an internal app. So it's a third party app which you have installed from somewhere.

Why don't you try to remove the app? Does the app do something significant? The app's causing wake lock and so Nexus is not able to goto deep sleep to conserve battery.
I don't think its an external app AFAIK.
Media server accesses local media files from your "SD" memory for playback.*

So I think it might be running all the time because I have a corrupted media file.

My other nexus devices like nexus 4 is perfectly fine..

Any help?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Transfer all your media from the tab to PC? And then transfer them back.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
So I did some transferring stuff and reset my tab. Then loaded all of my media again.
*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/d500c76893461874fa9b2d803bfcb0dd.jpg

Nice improvement from before. But do you guys think that even 15% is too much.?
Nonetheless thanks for helping out.

Will let you guys know if this bug returns again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom