Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
someone suggest a full ATX mobo of 8xx series within 5.5k-6k

both the ECS mentioned on latest price thread are full ATX. or try search for 870X based Biostar motherboard. both should cost well below 6k & offer Crossfire. but if its for your own needs (Future PC) better drop idea of Full ATX. cabinet if not big one will create problem.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
someone suggest a full ATX mobo of 8xx series within 5.5k-6k

other than ECS you can try any one of the following :p

Don't know why comp@ddict have not added them in the price list :?:

here you go ..... :p

MSI 890FXA-GD70 10.8k
MSI 890GXM-G65 7.2k
MSI 880GMA-E45 6k

Asus M4A89GTD-Pro 10.2K
Asus M4A89GTD-Pro/USB-3 12K
Asus M4A88TD-M-EVO/USB-3 6.2K
Asus M4A88TD-V-EVO/USB-3 7.2K
Asus M4A87TD-USB-3 5.6k
Asus M4A87TD-EVO 6k

Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 @ 7.4K

Piyush

Lanaya
other than ECS you can try any one of the following :p

Don't know why comp@ddict have not added them in the price list :?:

here you go ..... :p

MSI 890FXA-GD70 10.8k
MSI 890GXM-G65 7.2k
MSI 880GMA-E45 6k

Asus M4A89GTD-Pro 10.2K
Asus M4A89GTD-Pro/USB-3 12K
Asus M4A88TD-M-EVO/USB-3 6.2K
Asus M4A88TD-V-EVO/USB-3 7.2K
Asus M4A87TD-USB-3 5.6k
Asus M4A87TD-EVO 6k

Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 @ 7.4K
thanks for that
and can u tell me which 7xx series motherboard is comparable to 870 motherboard?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks for that
and can u tell me which 7xx series motherboard is comparable to 870 motherboard?

AMD 770 based board. actually 870X is a AMD 770 chipset. just its paired with SB850. & its manufactured on TSMC 55nm node. AMD 770 was manufactured on 130nm node, if i not wrong.

Nitishshah18

Right off the assembly line
This the list that i have made, can anyone please fill the rest which i m gonna need:

MSI 5770 HAWK

Kingston 2GB 1333 DDR3
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB

Dell 20" S2009W LCD Panel

MSI 880 GMA

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

dude you told me we will be gettin MSI 880GMA

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

thanks for that

Dude we alreaddy decided didn't we about the motherboard:-|:-|:-|:-|

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for that

AMD 870 is a upgrade of 770 chipset as sam has pointed out so a 770 series mobo should be compared with 870.

If a 7xx series mobo has all the desired features and quality that you want and it has got some good reviews then look into the manufacturers website.

In general if you want a 7xx series mobo try to get those based on 785G/790GX and make sure they have bios suport for hexa core cpu's.

AMD 770 based board. actually 870X is a AMD 770 chipset. just its paired with SB850. & its manufactured on TSMC 55nm node. AMD 770 was manufactured on 130nm node, if i not wrong.

770 northbridge ( 790X and 790FX too ) is based on 65 nm fabrication process by TSMC

870 northbridge based on 65 nm fab process too and the SB810 and SB850 both are based on 65nm fab process - only SB7xx was based on 130 nm fab process - I think this clears all confusion :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AMD 870 is a upgrade of 770 chipset as sam has pointed out so a 770 series mobo should be compared with 870.

If a 7xx series mobo has all the desired features and quality that you want and it has got some good reviews then look into the manufacturers website.

In general if you want a 7xx series mobo try to get those based on 785G/790GX and make sure they have bios suport for hexa core cpu's.

my classmate recently pointed out something. if we use a graphics card with a motherboard having no IGP (eg. 770, 790X, 790FX, etc) & the card goes kaput & we send it for RMA, will the system be usable? i don't think it'll be. so why not opt for a motherboard with IGP if price differs by just 200-300 bucks. if card got some problem, IGP will come into play. or is that like IGP less motherboard are better for OC?

770 northbridge ( 790X and 790FX too ) is based on 65 nm fabrication process by TSMC

870 northbridge based on 65 nm fab process too and the SB810 and SB850 both are based on 65nm fab process - only SB7xx was based on 130 nm fab process - I think this clears all confusion :p

oops. oh yes. thanks buddy. checked & got my mistake. and 890GX & 880G based on 55nm node, maybe to increase the OC potential. AMD making good use of last gen GPU processes.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi,
I am particularly new in this forum. I am trying to assemble a pc. Not the whole pc but sme components. need sme serious help as i am totally out of touch. basic purpose is gaming.

Products that i Have and will keep them on my new system also:
1) Seagate HDD 500 gb
2) Creative sound blaster audigy 7.1 sound card.
3) Razer Deathadder Mouse
4) Razer Mantis Control Mouse Pad
5) Altec Lansing speakers
6) Steerseries siberia v2 headphones
7) APC UPS 600VA
8) Samsung SyncMaster B2030 20.5" widescreen LCD

Products that i need:
1) Cabinet
2) Mobo+Processor
3) PSU
4) RAM
5) DVD writer
6) GFx Card
7) Anything else that is necessary(or i have forgot to mention)

Budget is a little tight, around 25000 give or take 2-3 thousand.
I am open to both intel and amd. In case of gfx though i would prefer ATI series as its more reasonably priced and gives quite a good performance..

Please help me out on this
Regards
Rohit

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hi,
I am particularly new in this forum. I am trying to assemble a pc. Not the whole pc but sme components. need sme serious help as i am totally out of touch. basic purpose is gaming.

1) Seagate HDD 500 gb
7) APC UPS 600VA

Products that i need:
1) Cabinet
2) Mobo+Processor
3) PSU
4) RAM
5) DVD writer
6) GFx Card

I am open to both intel and amd. In case of gfx though i would prefer ATI series as its more reasonably priced and gives quite a good performance..

Regards
Rohit

AMD Athlon II X4 620
MSI 785G E53 mobo
Transcend 4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM
Cooler Master Elite 310i Cabinet
Corsair VX450W PSU
any ATI based 5670 card

around 27-29k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi,

1) Seagate HDD 500 gb
7) APC UPS 600VA

Products that i need:
1) Cabinet
2) Mobo+Processor
3) PSU
4) RAM
5) DVD writer
6) GFx Card

Regards
Rohit

welcome to TDF buddy. ok for gaming purpose, get these:

Products that you need:
1) Cabinet: my personal preference is NZXT Gamma @ 2.2k
2) Mobo+Processor: Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz + Biostar TA785G3 HD @ ~8k
3) PSU: FSP Saga II 500 Watts @ 2.8k
4) RAM: G.Skill/Corsair 1333MHz CL9 4GB kit @ 5.7K
5) DVD writer: LG/Samsung 22X @ 1.1k
6) GFx Card: Biostar HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.7k

total will be a little bit over your budget, but if you game, you won't be disappointed. or drop the FSP Saga II 500W PSU for its 400W version. should be available for 2.1k

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@Sam :- won't the Athlon X4 be better at gaming and multitasking ? But your suggestion includes 5770 which is a great graphics solution. :)

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
welcome to TDF buddy. ok for gaming purpose, get these:

Products that you need:
1) Cabinet: my personal preference is NZXT Gamma @ 2.2k
2) Mobo+Processor: Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz + Biostar TA785G3 HD @ ~8k
3) PSU: FSP Saga II 500 Watts @ 2.8k
4) RAM: G.Skill/Corsair 1333MHz CL9 4GB kit @ 5.7K
5) DVD writer: LG/Samsung 22X @ 1.1k
6) GFx Card: Biostar HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.7k

total will be a little bit over your budget, but if you game, you won't be disappointed. or drop the FSP Saga II 500W PSU for its 400W version. should be available for 2.1k
First of all thanks for all your help but i guess i gonna need more of it.

checked all the reviews for 5770. For 1600 x 900 resolution it should be mroe than enuff for most of the games plus it has directx 11 support although right nw its of no use bt who knws wat future holds. so tis better to be prepared.

One more thing, how much will i hve to spend more to go for x4 processors and wat is the basic difference between phenom and athlon processors of amd?

Nd yeah m sure i won't be able to find NZXT Gamma here in lucknow. not much of gaming market here :cry:. So if you can suggest something in coolermaster or iball(lol) thn it wud b better for me...

Man i can spend 2-3+ bucks bt i will never take risk wit PSU...one of my gts 250 blew up coz of sucky PSU...been a little cautious after that lol

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@rohit :- CoolerMaster Elite 360 for 2k would be good. The cheapest Phenom II X4 I have come across is the Phenom II X4 925 which costs 6.8-7.2k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam :- won't the Athlon X4 be better at gaming and multitasking ? But your suggestion includes 5770 which is a great graphics solution. :)

X3 is best suited for gaming. fast speed. 3 cores. X4 is like an extra pair of hands but at the expense of speed. so gaming which needs speed takes a minor hit. OC solves it.

but on the other hand X3 got some unique properties too: 4th core can be unlocked (luckily), current games use 2 cores. 1 extra core= gaming + multitasking allrounder. as 3cores, generate less heat. so OC potential is 3.5Ghz @ stock cooler.

One more thing, how much will i hve to spend more to go for x4 processors and wat is the basic difference between phenom and athlon processors of amd?

by X4 620 currently available for 4.4-4.5k. but its a 2.6Ghz part. so, at stock speed gaming will be better at a 2.9Ghz tri-core. go X4 only if u ready to OC. also multitasking is better on a X4. so decide accordingly.

Phenom II got L3 cache (6Mb). some games use it but not all. for gaming, better opt for a fast graphics card rather than trying involve a X4 or a Phenom II. cause with a HD5770, you'll get almost same result with a 2.8Ghz X4, 2.9Ghz X3 or 3Ghz Z2 (Athlon II or Phenom II), provided your system backed by 2-4Gb of ram.

Nd yeah m sure i won't be able to find NZXT Gamma here in lucknow. not much of gaming market here :cry:. So if you can suggest something in coolermaster or iball(lol) thn it wud b better for me...

if you want a big cabinet but not want spend a lot, Zebronics Reaper @ 19" tall will solve all your cabinet problem upto an extend. for Cooler master look out for Elite 310 for style or other Elites for proper ventilation. seriously no to iBall.

Man i can spend 2-3+ bucks bt i will never take risk wit PSU...one of my gts 250 blew up coz of sucky PSU...been a little cautious after that lol

FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte 460W, both will be able support your rig. 500W if you got some future upgrades in your mind. also GTS250 is a power hungry card, running it in a desi PSU will result nothing but in an explosion. however i doubt Frontech or iBall PSU got enough muscle to make a sound before going off :lol:

@rohit :- CoolerMaster Elite 360 for 2k would be good. The cheapest Phenom II X4 I have come across is the Phenom II X4 925 which costs 6.8-7.2k.

Elite 360 is too small. not by length or so. actually it falls in miniATX section. can't end accommodate a ATX motherboard well. with a HD5770, better consider something BIG.

925 is slow. 2.8Ghz. that also selling out 7k, a no go when gaming is on the list of uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom