Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheG33k

Broken In
Thank you for the suggestions and pricing.
I have checked the prices for core i7 on lynx-india.com and techshop.in

the core i7 920 costs about 16.3k and the mobo(gigabyte) costs 17.8k. I could as well go for the mobo/ram/processor (i7) for now and purchase the GTX295 as you've recommended in month of Jan/feb 2009. hopefully the DDR3 prices would come down by then as right now those kits are too costly.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Thats a good idea and anyways GTX295 isnt commercially launched yet... it will come out in mid-Jan'09 and expect it to reach Indian shores in mid-Feb'09.

TheG33k

Broken In
Inatially when I started thinking about overhauling my pc I did think about the almost same kind of config that you've given me but with a X48 based chipset and the intel came out with core i7 and now the green goblin comes out with its own version of 4870x2 ie the GTX 295

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^No GTX295 is actually more powerful than HD4870x2 and its based on two GPUs, the GTX280 and GTX260. The frame buffer is borrowed from the GTX260 otherwise, the core frequency and stuff is from GTX280 and the card is damn powerful!

acewin

Point Blanc
the gfx card can increase the budget above 50K, if you feel that way then get HD4850.

get a 22 inch monitor atleast.
asus p5q or msi p45 neo-f, both mobo are equally good, some price difference and some specs difference. Besides these you can check Biostar TPower i45 in 7K,

rest is good for the above specs, not sure if you want speakers, if yes then try saving some more bucks and get some good speaker

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
hi guys... remember me... I asked for a pc config for 50k a few days back..

Now the budget is finalized.. i.e 50 +- 2k...
I have decided to go with c2d e8400 as i will mostly use it for gaming...

I am not sure about the mobo... should i get asus p5q or msi p45 neo-f..? which one will be better... Also suggest me a good lokking cabinet which is not transparent and a 19'' monitor in the price range 9-10k...

i would suggest to go for Quad ,, E8400 is powerful processor comparing all DUAL CORES

GTA- 4 works Better in Quad processor only [ check on the Q6600 & Q9450 both the processor does a good handle in GTA-4 , Q9450 is still gr8 in jan the price will be 12K around )

Future applications are based on the multicore technology

If ur budget 11K for the processor means , wait for AMD PHENOM 2 940 ,, Which even Beats Q9550 in games & all

AMD phenom 2 940 priced around 11K on Jan/09 , works with AM2+ socket 780G chipset

MOBO priced around 4K

TheG33k

Broken In
I already got a 22" monitor for myself earlier this month. Benq E2200HD.

Wouldn't it be better in case the prices for GTX260 come down by feb and setting that up in SLI rather than spending about 50k for GTX295 (coz I've always seen nvidia's latest high end cards being priced over 45k when they release in india)

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
ATi 48XX series is remarkable ,& i still cant forget the performance of the HD4850 truly a VLM .

Ithink like wise ATI making their 58XX cards in 2009 with 40nm & 1Ghz core clock

TheG33k

Broken In
The question is will the 58xx series support Direct X 11 or will we be forced to upgrade once again when windows 7 comes out

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
The question is will the 58xx series support Direct X 11 or will we be forced to upgrade once again when windows 7 comes out

Intel upgrade is unstoppable , but their performance is really gr8 "ONLY ON THE LATEST PRODUCT RELEASE ONLY"

Direct X 11 has not released yet after APR/09 it will be released .

I think X58 mobo donot support for the unreleased direct x 11 ???:confused:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ TheG33k & damngoodman999

DirectX is mainly a graphics related stuff. So what is the relation between x58 mobo &
directx 11 ? X58 mobos have enough pci-e slot to run directx 11 gfx cards when they will be released.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^LOL you cant teach a fanboy who refuses to understand :razz:.

I already got a 22" monitor for myself earlier this month. Benq E2200HD.

Wouldn't it be better in case the prices for GTX260 come down by feb and setting that up in SLI rather than spending about 50k for GTX295 (coz I've always seen nvidia's latest high end cards being priced over 45k when they release in india)

If you want a cheaper solution than go for HD4870x2 or 2 HD4870s in XFire. But GTX295 will blow them all away. And the HD58xx series supporting DX11 and yada yada will take a lot of time to come out. Its upto you now.

Last edited:

TheG33k

Broken In
I was not referring to the mobo. i was referring to the graphic cards. spending nearly 30-50k on latest graphic card and then when windows 7 comes around with direct x 11 being forced to buy another card which supports direct x 11

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Actually every DX version is backward compatible... even te 7 series cards which dont support DX10 work very well with Vista and the cards supporting DX10 work very well with XP :).

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Intel upgrade is unstoppable , but their performance is really gr8 "ONLY ON THE LATEST PRODUCT RELEASE ONLY"

Direct X 11 has not released yet after APR/09 it will be released .

I think X58 mobo donot support for the unreleased direct x 11 ???:confused:

U dodo X58 doesn't need to support DX10, and he was talking about HD58x0 series fro ATi-AMD the graphics card,and how can a mobo support DX11 when it doesn'thave a gfx accelerator.

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
Guys,i already have kingston 2GB 667Mhz ram...but as I see 667mhz ram is going unavailable..so before that i have settled to make it 4gb by taking a kingston 2GB 667Mhz stick..will it cause any problem..i have dg965ry motherboard suppoting 8gb ram at 667mhz.....

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ No Problem. But your board supports 800 Mhz RAM also, as far as I know.

I'd recommend selling off the RAM you already ahve and buy 2x2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz from Transcend/Kingston.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ tanmoy_Siliguri - There will be no problem. You can go for 667Mhz Ram.
But it's suggested what IronManForever have said.

deathforce

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys i am new here , I just wanted to know if somebody could suggest me a good motherboard for this setup.

PROCESSOR : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 (2.33 GHz)
RAM : Corsair 2*2 GB DDR2 800 MHz
GRAPHICS CARD : Zotac 9800 GTX Amp Edition
HARD DISK DRIVE : Seagate 7200.11 ST3500320AS (500 GB, 32 MB CACHE)
CABINET : Cooler Master 690
SMPS : Corsair TX 650

I will be using this basically for some timepass animation,rendering,gaming and video conversion. And also cant exceed my budget of Rs 47,000 as this is going to be just a backup system . Also any other advice or changes on this config will be good .

Status
Not open for further replies.