Backing up my hard disk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

I have a western digital 120GB HDD. Initially when i tried installing the OS i got a continous clicking sound. it worked fine later and i dint bother much! now again i got the clicking sound while working and system got restarted abruptly!

i've got important data on the hard drive and i need to back it up! can u guys please suggest me any software for this? and how do i go about backing it up?i want to back it up coz i feel it might crash any time now!

pls help!

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I would suggest you buy an external hard drive and use syncback which is a free software to back up all your data.
*www.2brightsparks.com/

NucleusKore

TheSaint
jack_the_ripper said:
hi guys,

I have a western digital 120GB HDD. Initially when i tried installing the OS i got a continous clicking sound. it worked fine later and i dint bother much! now again i got the clicking sound while working and system got restarted abruptly!

i've got important data on the hard drive and i need to back it up! can u guys please suggest me any software for this? and how do i go about backing it up?i want to back it up coz i feel it might crash any time now!

pls help!

Your hard disk is going to crash soon, better back up your data and get it replaced

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
my friend had brought it from US, so i guess i wont be able to replace it here... nd incase it crashes can i access atleast some of the data? or is it going to be a junk?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
If you only want to back up your data, the free backup software and an external hard drive should be sufficient. If you want to take the images of your hard drive and later restore only then you should go in for Drive imaging software like Norton Ghost, Drive Image , and Acronis true Image.
I use syncback for data backup and drive Image 2002 and Acronis True image home 10 for periodical drive images of C drive which contains only the operating system.In case of any problems I just restore the image and will be up and running in 10 minutes without breaking my head to resolve the problem.

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
well i guess there's no use creating images coz the backups are going to be created on the drive itself.. shud invest in another hdd now i guess, instead of taking any chances with this one!

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
jack_the_ripper said:
well i guess there's no use creating images coz the backups are going to be created on the drive itself.. shud invest in another hdd now i guess, instead of taking any chances with this one!
yup generally when a HDD makes clciking noises, Usually not a good thing. had a maxtor do that to me. How old is the western digy, if you pull it out there should be a sticker on there that states when the warrenty will expire, and if you're still in that warrenty take it back (should not matter if it came from the states or not)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Yes do check the warranty, and back up to another external or internal drive. If you want a freeware use PC Inspector CloneMaxx

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
jack_the_ripper said:

You can use Acronis True Image and then Backup all ur stuff to another HDD(Internal/External) by simply connecting it your PC;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom