Autopatcher will be back - Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
I was planning to post this on the other autopatcher thread. But shantanu closed it. I have no clue why he closed it as there were no flame wars or not much diversion (Vista thread didn't reach anywhere and its still open after a lot of flame wars and diversion! ). I pmed him to reopn it but no reply yet.

Anyway, back to the topic.

"Right now my biggest concern is that people around the globe will start writing their own custom modules and start redistributing their own releases. AutoPatcher will automatically flag them as unofficial (one of the security features). But if we were to stop AutoPatcher, there would only be unofficial releases. And if end users can only choose between unofficial releases, it is very easy for one of them to actually spread malicious software.

The truth of the matter is, we don't want this to happen. And one easy way to stop that from happening, is to continue our work on AutoPatcher. Maybe not in its current shape and form, but still, we will be back soon (that much I guarantee).

More at - *www.autopatcher.com/137#more-137

We can see how many people thanked them and how Autopatcher was a lifesaver for a lot of people and companies.

Really hope they come back one day ...

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Yaar shantnu is here to close threads without any reason. I think he is abusing his rights.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
we can't say that he is abusing his rights...
But, he should give (proper) reason !!!

vish786

"The Gentleman"
CadCrazy said:
Yaar shantnu is here to close threads without any reason. I think he is abusing his rights.
wrong, threads r closed due to valid reasons, read that autopatcher thread fully u will know.

CadCrazy said:
He also closed this thread without any reason
i c its still open, :rolleyes: may be mistake, they too r humans its painful checkin each and every post what we type, so mistakes can happen.

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
The autopatcher team is thinking of something on the lines of an online solution.
Even i feel it would be nice, you cannot distribute the update packs, but you can certainly download the hotfixes directly from MS ;)

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
No reply form Shantanu yet. Seems hes busy, NP

OK, back to the topic

As MS didn't give any official notification to users not to use Autopatcher and no notices given to other sites which distributes Autopatcher and Autopatcher is clean and does not contain any virus / malware etc, I think there is nothing wrong in posting these links.

Anyway by using Autopatcher people will be installing the same updates MS provides and nothing else.

So all those who missed Autopatcher (most will have it in CDs for sure) here are some links which are still active. Again - these are not illegal or that kinda sites.

1. Softpedia Autopatcher Download Page Edit - link changed I think, please see my next post below.

2. Get Autopatcher Website

3. Techspot Autopatcher Page

4. Those who are still new to Autopatcher - Check the computer magazine CDs. Digit, Chip, PC World - most of these magazines will have it like every month (I mean previous months)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom