Automatically rebooting every hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

SystemError

Broken In
Intel DG33FB Automatically rebooting every hour

hi
I got a strange problem with my intel DG33FB Motherboard.

The PC is working fine when suddenly; one of the PC fans inside the case audibly increases fan speed and a 4-5 seconds later the system resets. Once the system is back online the same thing is likely to occur EXACTLY one hour later.

PC Specs: Intel Dual Core E2140,Intel DG33FB Motherboard, 1 GB X 1 Transcend DDR2 667Mhz, Seagate SATA 160GB, Circle Cabinet with 400w PSU

EDIT:When the system reboots, nothing is even slightly hot. I have run the intel system monitoring software and all temperatures are in the green before the system resets.

Last edited:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
It is a problem with the Intel motherboards. I mean me too having a P5PE-VM Intel Original Motherboard had the problem but I get rid from it.

If you have same BIOS options like me try to do this,

Go to the BIOS
Go to the Advanced tab
Click Hardware monitor
Enable the Fan Control

It will reduce the noise significantly.

OP
S

SystemError

Broken In
Intel BIOS does'nt have those options.. there is only Processor Zone Respose(set to AGGRESSIVE/NORMAL/SLOW) and Processor Zone Damping(HIGH/NORMAL) so its set to NORMAL i n both i guess that is Automatic Mode.. but even changing those does'nt help me with the restarting problem.

blacklight

Journeyman
can u provide some more info about this issue like since when is it happening ,is it a new PC , did u do any upgrade recently anything which could help in pinpointing the issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom