Automated PM feature if a post is deleted

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
For quite a some time, i have seen mods doing a very good job with this forum and i appreciate that and this thread is not a RANTING thread. Just a suggestion/clarification thread.

Very often my posts get deleted, even if that's not off-topic. This was happened with that "Beware of Lynx-India thread", when i asked a simple question "Are you Amarbir, by any chance", coz i need to verify whether the person arguing is Amarbir or his staff. But it got deleted after a few minutes and i was like WTF!!. At least you could've given me a reason for the post deletion. I feel this is not fair. This i've seen in "Off-topic discussion thread" too. IT IS OT Thread and why would delete a post in this thread? Or at least give us a reason so that we can know what we've done.

Every time my post get deleted, i don't think a reason for that and what is really happening is until i know what's wrong i did, i will continue this, not because i am arrogant, because i don't think that is wrong. So to avoid these confusions, and to make things go smooth, can you guys please put a automated PM which comes with simple reason why our post get deleted.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Captain Obvious posts tend to get deleted.

Note: only 1 post of yours has been deleted in the Off-topic thread.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moreover, there are a lot of spammers in this forum who post for the sake of posting/replying. Such posts tend to get deleted too.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
if that kinda post by mine got deleted, no questions asked. Here it is not. So at least for a REAL member giving reason if you think a post is offending/will-lead-to-debate/off-topic send a PM, and we understand. Just a courtesy is what we expect from mods.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, as for me, I personally PM OP with the reason when I delete Market Threads, otherwise "Where is my FS Thread??" threads will come up now and then/

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Not an offense, but even I could see some of the threads being locked without explanation.

Yesterday, I asked for ico for reason of one of the thread getting locked, and he provided it to me and added that to the thread as well. I think adding the reason to lock the thread should be added by default / obviously.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
if that kinda post by mine got deleted, no questions asked. Here it is not. So at least for a REAL member giving reason if you think a post is offending/will-lead-to-debate/off-topic send a PM, and we understand. Just a courtesy is what we expect from mods.
By spammers, I am referring to real members.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
By spammers, I am referring to real members.

I mean REAL TDF members. See you can easily identify spammers and members, aren't you?

Not an offense, but even I could see some of the threads being locked without explanation.

Yesterday, I asked for ico for reason of one of the thread getting locked, and he provided it to me and added that to the thread as well. I think adding the reason to lock the thread should be added by default / obviously.

A point to note..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

yeah. Sometimes that happens. For the thread which you PMed me, the reason was necessary. But then there are few threads where silent lock is more appropriate. (bumping of old threads)

Miscellaneous example: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-news/140934-perfect-valentines-gift-micromax-bling2.html

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Mods don't have that much time that they not only go through entire threads, then delete irrelevant/offensive posts and then further go and engage in fruitless PM activity. Most people tend to think they are right all the time, and cue some boring arguments.
People also tend to be offended and whine even when they are explained via PM, speaking from experience.

J

Joker

lol my posts used to get deleted regularly but i understood why by myself. :)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Mods don't have that much time that they not only go through entire threads, then delete irrelevant/offensive posts and then further go and engage in fruitless PM activity. Most people tend to think they are right all the time, and cue some boring arguments.
People also tend to be offended and whine even when they are explained via PM, speaking from experience.

Can't agree with and can't argue for that.

lol my posts used to get deleted regularly but i understood why by myself. :)

because you always used to offend people and spam a lot. :D

but not the others.

sygeek

Technomancer
Usually they leave a reason with the infraction against such posts..(spam, off-topic, offensive and whatsoever) although sometimes, they don't, for small human errors which seems to be your case. You should just be glad with this.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Usually they leave a reason with the infraction against such posts..(spam, off-topic, offensive and whatsoever) although sometimes, they don't, for small human errors which seems to be your case. You should just be glad with this.

You still don't get why we are arguing about automatic PM. Isn't it?

sygeek

Technomancer
You still don't get why we are arguing about automatic PM. Isn't it?
I don't get "your" particular reason because it just doesn't make any sense to me..Do you think the mods would want to write you a sweet PM just because filled a thread with offtopic BS?

And as far as automatic feature is concerned, it just doesn't exist in the forum as of yet so it is worthless talking about it..

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I don't get "your" particular reason because it just doesn't make any sense to me..Do you think the mods would want to write you a sweet PM just because filled a thread with offtopic BS?

See if you are posting a long explanation in "Science or God" Thread and it gets deleted because some MODS thinks that is very offensive and deleted that, and you never meant to hury anybody, how you feel? BLANK. "Why the hell was my post deleted? What i wrote?"

Same here

Top Bottom