Audio Recording Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispote

Broken In
Hi,
I am using Audacity to convert from my cassettes to MP3s. My problem is when I do this, noise occurs when recorded and I am not able to use "Noise Removal" tool from Audacity coz. I hv. not understood how to use it.:sad:

Also, the recording quality is not to my satisfaction. Please help me to solve these issues. Also, let me know if there is any better and user friendly s/w for this.

Thanx in advance.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Yes, there are lot of software available for this purpose, but they are not free.

Noise? Is it Tape Hiss? If not, what's your recording format? Are you directly recording as MP3?

Are you using an internal sound card? And what sound card?

indian_samosa

No longer here..
I had once tried doing the same thing with MusicMatch Jukebox...dont know if the software is present today or not.But I had to register the software to make use of the recoding facility in it.

By the way does the hiss sound occur intermittently or continuous.I suppose some audio programs deliberately add "hiss" when you try to use their functions in Demo mode.I am not sure if thats the case here.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
If it is Tape hiss and you want to remove it without affecting the music in anyway you may refer to my post in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64795

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
Yes, I think its "hiss" sound". I record the music and then import it as MP3 format (160 kb). I am using internal sound card that comes with Intel 865 mobo.

VideoEditingIndia

There are lot of 'HISS' Removal software available, Bios and AudioLava products are good. But they are not free. If possible send me the audio, i will try to get rid off.

No, you should not record in MP3 as it wont allow any headroom. Record in 24bit 48Khz WAV Format, then remove the tape hiss, dither and then convert to MP3.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I repeat again. Download Goldwave Digital Audio Editor (trial version) from www.goldwave.com Record your cassette in wave format using the program and save it.Close and open Goldwave again and open the file.Select a section in between the tracks (may be 2 to 5 seconds) where only tape hiss is present and click on "Copy" in the toolbar. This copies the selection to the clipboard.Now select the complete file and click on the Noise reduction tab in the tool bar.In the reduction envelope choose "use clipboard" and in the presets box select "clipboard noise print" and click on OK.Wait till the program executes the noise reduction. At the end you have all the music minus the tape hiss.Save the file. Now you can convert the wav file into mp3s using goldwave or any other program of your choice. The trial version allows you to execute only a limited number of commands.If you run out, just save your project, close goldwave, restart, open the project and continue.I have used the trial version for more than 3 to 4 years to convert all my cassettes to mp3s.At the end to say "thanks" and in fairness to the developers of the program, I purchased it and now have a licensed version.I do not use it anylonger since I have not purchased any cassettes in the last two years.:smile:

VideoEditingIndia

Yes, Goldwave is good. If you are going to purchase a software for noise reduction, here is the best software ordered by quality.

1. Algorithmix reNOVAtor
2. Waves Z-Noise
3. Bios Soundscape Pro
4. Magix Audio Cleaning Lab
5. Streinberg Clean
6. DIamond Cut DC
7. AudioLava
8. WaveArts Master Restoration Tools
9. Dart Pro

For Price/Dealer info feel free to contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom