audio output and microphone input low

anonymous

Broken In
I bought a new system,
1)core i5 2400
2) motherboard intel DH67CLB3

I have two problems
1)the volume from the motherboard is not loud enough.
2)the microphone volume is not loud enough when i make skpe call. I feel like a stupid when i see the other person coming very close to their speaker to hear me.

For the above two problems, I believe I have checked all settings everywhere.
My other older system did not have any such issues and speaker volume, microphone volume was great. When I contacted the dealer, he says that all newer systems are built with lower audio output and if you need a higher one, you need to purchase a sound card. Is that right? I feel frustrated.

mang

Broken In
I bought a new system,
1)core i5 2400

I have two problems
2)the microphone volume is not loud enough when i make skpe call. I feel like a stupid when i see the other person coming very close to their speaker to hear me.

My other older system did not have any such issues and speaker volume, microphone volume was great. When I contacted the dealer, he says that all newer systems are built with lower audio output and if you need a higher one, you need to purchase a sound card. Is that right? I feel frustrated.

I'm having the same problem but with amd set up, have no luck with sound card xonar DG but you may try if you wish to. I can suggest you one, but it will not solve your whole problems click on the small speaker icon on the sys tray, slider will pop up again click on the speaker icon above the volume slider, you will see new window popup, clik the enhancement tab, scroll down to Loudness Equalization and check this option then OK. Or if you are using Realtek Sound manager open the realtek manager search for the Loudness equalization tick and OK. I think this may help you a bit.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
I bought a new system,
1)core i5 2400

I have two problems

First Thing First.Your Dealer is an Idiot.

Now ,try Checking The Master Volume Level in Control Panel and Remove/Disable all Enhancements from Sound Settings In Control Panel.
See if it works.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Someone resolved the issue after updating the audio drivers.

Check out if that works.

OP
A

anonymous

Broken In
Thanks for the reply everyone. I will definitely check it out this weekend as I am outstation. Will post the status here. Thanks to all again

OP
A

anonymous

Broken In
Dear all, thanks again. I tried all above suggestions, but to no avail. I can somehow adjust with the speaker volume myself but the person on the other end of Skype, still leans over to his speaker to hear me . I feel I so stupid when they tell me that this problem occurs only when they talk with me. :(

patkim

Cyborg Agent
There used to be a microphone boost option somewhere..Under Sound --> recording --> Microphone. Check if that is already ticked/enabled.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Try updating to the latest driver/reinstall the driver(if version is already latest)
Do this if you have already not done -
Right-click the volume icon in your
system tray next to the clock, select
"recording devices", from the box that
pops up, double-click the input device
you are using, when the next box pops up, select the "levels tab, you can adjust the slider for input
levels there.

Top Bottom