Audio Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
I'd like to think myself a relatively computer literate person, but I can't figure this out at all! First of all, my computer is running Windows XP Performance SP 3 (performance version), so I think it may have to do with missing windows components. Whenever I try to install my audio driver (I have the soundcard that uses the Realtek High Definition Audio driver) it asks for .DLLs, .SYSs, and .DRVs, so I located and download the files, used those, and it seems like the install goes smoothly other than that. Then after restarting my computer, I have no sound, so I go and check my audio driver in the sounds and audio devices section in control panel, and it says under device status: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing. (code 39). Troubleshooting button just says that I need to reinstall. Any else having this problem and fixed it?

i have even tired installing the latest version of the drivers update ..it does not work

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
You need a patch from microsoft:
"kb888111xpsp2".
open your driver cd and search this patch in Audio folder.
Extract it in folder with winrar.
Now goto device manager> and right click on unknown Device and choose update driver.
Browse to the path of your exracted folder and click ok.
Now patch will install.
Now you can install your sound driver without any problem.

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
"kb888111xpsp2".
Now goto device manager> and right click on unknown Device and choose update driver.
Now patch will install.

thanks man .... i will try to look into it if not corrected will contact u for more help !

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
"kb888111xpsp2".
Now patch will install.

No dice. Did as you said and restarted my computer, same thing as before it also asked for the .DLLs as before.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Dont no why you are facing this problem.
But the method i suggested is for those who have High Definition Audio & unable to install Driver on Splitreem Win Xp sp3.
Due to need of this patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom