ATTENTION: Microsoft Says Pirated Vista May Be Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
well i cant Afford Vista, its way too costly, but just b'coz its costly, i wont buy a Pirated version. We all know there are Linux O.S which are (or maybe) much better Option than Vista & they are FREE.

M.S. should really bring the cost down, coz average cost of a PC is around 30000-40000 bucks. & now Vista costs nearly half of this :x, this is really a bad news for us in India.

If Microsoft wants to win the Piracy battle, then they should Recruit best of the best Crackers/Hackers. :D :D :D

I've used many pirated softwares like games, MS Office, but after some time i really felt GUILTY of using them, so i just changed myself & threw away all Pirated Cr:xp.
now i've Open Office.org, original games (nfs mw, nfs pu, f1, gta sa) all these cost me 5k, but its really worth it. :D

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
gxsaurav said:
:D ah! no problem here, i might be getting my Vista Ultimate edition leagl key & download in 2 days

Kudos to MS for giving the beta testers Vista for free
And I'll get it today in my TechNet Plus subscription :D

*graphic-forums.com/images/smilies/editsmily.gif

I got it in my Download list :D

Last edited:

jack// ani

In the zone
ax3 said:
same was said 4 XP ................

c'mon man vista is way costly....majority of ppl can't afford it, its better to buy a new pc, instead of proudly saying to others that *my vista is genuine* !!

regarding crack....vista will definitely be cracked and will a boon to piracy market until next ms release.

king007

In the zone
gxsaurav said:
:D ah! no problem here, i might be getting my Vista Ultimate edition leagl key & download in 2 days

Kudos to MS for giving the beta testers Vista for free

Dude who told u that you would be getting legal key? Even I am official beta tester for Vista on connect but I have no such information of getting a legal key and getting rewarded for beta testing, am i missing something here?...

Third Eye

gooby pls
aryayush said:
Yeah, sure! So you think that Microsoft expects hackers to read this announcement and stop trying to crack Vista! LOL! I know they can do pretty stupid things with their software, man, but they aren't so foolish. :lol:

I was kidding man and i didn't type this :D smiley

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
digitized said:
That's because the initial price of the Vista ultimate edition will be priced around US $400.:mad: And I am not that rich to pay about Rs.18000 to Rs.20000 for a copy of windows when I can perhaps get the same copy for free or at most Rs.100.:D ;)

You can also wait until the price comes down, piracy should not be done just because you can do it its till a crime.

G

gxsaurav

yup, thats true, i have submitted about 5 bugs, & 3 were fixed in RC1, I did not downloaded RC2, so maybe the rest of the 2 are also fixed now

anyway, even if i get it today on MSDN, i won't be able to download, 2555 MB will take 3 days to download here, & i have to leave soon

anispace

dattebayo
why do u guys always drool on the ultimate or the enterprise editions?
What about the home editions of office and vista... those are affordable.

dont justify piracy by quoting the darn ultimate edition prices.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
MANY WILL USE LINUX THEN LOL ALL THE GAMES AND S/W WILL BE LINUX!!!
THEN MS WILL RELIsE THAT THEY KICKED THEIR OWN *ss

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
max_demon said:
MANY WILL USE LINUX THEN LOL ALL THE GAMES AND S/W WILL BE LINUX!!!
THEN MS WILL RELIsE THAT THEY KICKED THEIR OWN *ss
this is what i also think, Microsoft has just given Linux a boost.

MS really has to reconsider their pricing.

i think Vista Home editions will not have the 3D or Aero thing in them.

Only Vista Home Edition Premium has that, which will retail at $239.

Last edited:

kirtan

Journeyman
MS trying to prevent pirates.Well this sounds pretty good on paper but the reality is that pirates have their nose ahead always.So whatever ms says it's not possible as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom