Atrix 2 JB Query/Help

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hey guys,

I'm currently on official 4.0.4 (OTA). There is one "official" JB 4.1.2 leak and there are couple of other versions released. not sure about the procedure , as its quite different from Samsung ROM updates which I was used to.

AFAIK I need to first unlock my bootloader, then find a stable JB ROM and then if required Root it or do I need to root it before unlocking the bootloader? :p

EDIT: updated today to JB leak using the below instructions :).

Last edited:

Pranav19

Broken In
same here flashing on moto phones is a headache.. Odin is so easy.. instructions are complicated. Would appreciate some help

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Basically you have 2 options, Custom ROM w/o unlocking bootloader, with unlocking bootloader. First choose which one to go. Basically rooting needs to be done once the Custom ROM is installed. I guess XDA forum has lot of good ROMs for Atrix.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
same here flashing on moto phones is a headache.. Odin is so easy.. instructions are complicated. Would appreciate some help

I have flashed ROMs and restored stock ROMs on Motorola Razr a few months ago... its an unofficial tool... don't remember the name now... but definitely as easy to use as Odin. Even easier, because you have to flash only a single file.

Had moved Razr from Chinese ICS to European ICS. Bricked it a couple of times trying to install bootloader hijacker and Cyanogenmod 9... Was easy to restore. Had a dual boot system, where CM9 was installed in its second (desktop dock) partition.

Don't really know about Atrix though...

Pranav19

Broken In
Hey can you list the steps here I am currently on ICS OTA update.
Will try it next week.. Does the GPS work any bugs ?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Refer this page.. [rom][4.1][Official]Official Jellyban(4.1) for Retail CN Atrix2(Update Review&& Root) - xda-developers

and here are the steps

1. Download the following
i. Firmware (link in above page)
ii. RDS Lite (xda-developers - View Single Post - RSD Lite 5.6)
iii. Moto Drivers. from above link.
2. Install the RDS Lite and Moto drivers.
3. Fully charge your phone.
4. Power Off your phone
5. Press Vol Down, Vol Up and Power, You will see a menu.
6. Select AP Fastboot.
7. Follow the video posted in the first post.

NOTE: Please read all instructions carefully in those thread and video description. I wont be responsible for any issues ..

EDIT: need to check GPS .. will do it tomorrow.

Pranav19

Broken In
Ok thanks a lot.. to get into fastboot i need to press vol down then vol up and power or all simultaneously, in some topics they say to keep pressing vol down button to get into fast boot.
So there's no need to root ?
need to dig xda a bit more i think. get used to moto flashing.
You have idea how to dual boot i saw some topics of that too.

PS: Hows the JB working?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you need to press those buttons simultaneously.. no rooting required, haven't checked Dual boot as I don't like to experiment much on my phone.

Jelly Bean is a huge improvement from ICS.. The responsiveness is tremendous. I wonder why Motorola didn't bother to release it officially.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I don't know much about different ways of installing custom rom's, its too confusing for me :p