ATI HD 4850 (or) 8800GT..suggest for buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i am confusing to buy a graphic card between the twos.
which is best in performance /feature- wise

• MSI ATI Radeon HD4850 Price – 11,000/-
  • MSI Nvidia Geforce 8800GT OC Edition Price – 10,000/

pl suggest

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
HD4850. No second thought.

PS: You shouldn't be confused between 8800GT and HD4850.

Get Palit HD4850 for 9.5k. you won't find much difference between MSI and Palit

Last edited:
OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
one of my friend told me that ATI does not support some of the games.. is it true..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Your friend needs to check his facts before he yanks out. Ask him which game & I guarantee it's supported.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^I think GRAW2 Max, 2xAA on a 9800GTX+ and GRAW2 Max, 2xAA on HD4850 has the same image quality. The difference is of frames, where ATI loses badly on Tom Clacy games... dunno why.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
he has told that generally simulation games have got better fps with Nvidia than ATI.
Dude that's performance patterns & not compatibility problems. It basically depends on optimisations for certain games. Not every game is Nvidia optimised & vice versa. BTW between 8800GT & HD4850 you won't face any such issue as the 4850 would gobble up the 8800GT is probably all resolutions.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
The Hd 4850 is far better than Nvidia 8800....And don't get a MSi HD 4850 as it has some issuses better stick to Palit as its the coolest

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
much thanks for suggestions..
i bought Palit HD4850 sonic for 12800+.. (little bit costly?)
much more thanks for quick responses as i was in moving at Richie street here in chennai.

digit forum rocks..

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
much thanks for suggestions..
i bought Palit HD4850 sonic for 12800+.. (little bit costly?)
much more thanks for quick responses as i was in moving at Richie street here in chennai.

digit forum rocks..

U no need to buy the PALIT HD 4850 sonic , it dont make much difference from the PALIT HD 4850 even for cooling also u can manually overclock to 675/1033 , which equals the performance of the SONIC !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom