At the CrossRoads - Job or MBA after finishing MCA!

bluevolt1

Right off the assembly line
I am pursuing MCA from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi now in final year looking for a job with our placement 'season' going on. I even got into two companies - first was offering me a position of Business Analyst but I didn't join due to their unusual service agreement which included submission of my original certificates for the entire bond period. Second company was offering me a position of ASP.NET web developer to which I again didn't join as it was a very under paid job. I also keep getting calls from companies offering technical writing positions to which I am interested due to my blogging hobby and all but then again I don't know if technical writing job has a good future scope or not.

Now half of my class is placed as c#, java programmers and many call me stupid to decline those offers and blah blah.

Point is that including above issues I never felt excited when I got confirmations from those two job offers. And I couldn't clear the companies I dreamt of working. It's not that I hate coding or so but I am not getting into the right kind of company and don't want to settle for less.

Except core IT, I have huge interest in Management. I always wanted to do MBA after graduation but got into post graduation in computer science. Now I think I should do an MBA after MCA but then again many people think I sound stupid as doing MBA after MCA is not a good idea according to many. I know I am bringing 'people's thinking' here which I should not be. Conventionally by now I should have been placed like some of my friends and enjoying the remaining semester preparing for end terms final exams and hanging out with their girl friends which I don't have. So I want your guidance in this regard.

Sometimes I feel if I do an MBA then by the time I complete the course, my age will be just 3-4 years short before I hit into 30 year+ junta category and till that point most of my friends will have two years of industry experience and must have got good hike also and I would be starting as a fresher then! But I must say I have great interest in MBA/Management. That's why I was interested in joining IT Industry as Business Analyst instead of a conventional programmer but most good companies hire Business Analyst who have B.Tech + MBA or 3-4 years of programming experience with good comm skills. I do have good comm skills but no MBA degree and experience.

Lots of things going on in my mind and unable to decide what should be done next. Should I keep preparing for placements and grab a job offer till the official campus placement season goes on till April next year or should I start preparing for my state university MBA entrance from January after final exams as I missed filling CAT form and join 2015-2017 batch MBA course.

members please throw some light and help me get out of this dilemma.

Literally being indecisive and all I am unable to focus anywhere.

Top Bottom