Asus Zenphone discussion thread - Z4, z5 , z6

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Re: Asus Zenfone discussion thread - Z4, Z5 , Z6

Sharing my good & bad experience of Asus Zenfone service centre. In my case F1 services in Mumbai.

On 16th April 2015 when I connected my zenfone 5 A501CG 8gb & 1.2 ghz version to Redmi note charger as usual suddenly saw flickering screen at bottom part. Almost 50-60% screen from bottom was flickering.Touch & everything else was working fine.
Immediately switched off the phone & switched it on after 5 minutes to see similar issue. Sudden current flow must have damaged the display of my zenfone5. Thanks to Reliance Energy. We charge other phones/tablets using same charger & wall socket even till today but never faced any issues with other phones or tablets.

So on 17th April gave my zenfone 5 to service centre F1 solutions, Mumbai for repairs.
After examination the service guy promised screen replacement free of cost but said it will take 15 days due to shortage of parts from Asus.

When contacted service center over the phone on 30th April came to know that Asus has arranged new replacement piece for me due to shortage of display. (decision passed on 29th April).
I had to wait 2 weeks more & was OK with the decision as I was going to get new phone.

On 15th may when I called up service center, the guy over the phone asked me to directly call Asus cc & mail them. When contacted Asus I came to know that there were no stocks of zenfone 5 1.2 ghz model with them.
Since then I lost my patience as almost 1 month had passed. I called Asus 4-5 times after that but no positive response. I even pleaded for Flipkart's credit note or 16gb model by paying the balance amount but nothing in my favour. Asus replied credit note was last option & I will be getting same model but may take time. So I finally gave up my hopes to get replacement mobile very soon & booked Huawei Honor Bee from flipkart.

On 23rd may around 7.50 pm I received mail & call from service center mentioning my replacement unit has arrived.

Monday 25th May evening went to collect my replacement piece & was surprised to see Zenfone 5 Gold colour, 1.6 GHz processor with 16gb memory instead of 1.2 GB processor, black color & 8gb memory that too without any extra charge.

IMG_20150526_085135.jpg

IMG_20150526_085247.jpg

Last edited:
I hate Asus phone because my Asus phone has software problem. at starting it worked good but after some time its battery is dead and phone is slow

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Lollipop update is now available!!!!!!!!!!!

I already updated.

Is that official update & how is the experience?
Few days back I read somewhere that Asus lollipop to be delayed by 3 more months.

- - - Updated - - -

I already updated.

Is that official OTA update & how is the experience?
Few days back I read somewhere that Asus lollipop to be delayed by 3 more months.

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

I already updated.

Did you download from their FTP and install manually?
bug report please!!

and battery performance?

Could you please elaborate. In fact I found zen UI to better, very smooth & lag free.

ditto. loved the feel of the UI.

its not OTA. users have to dl it from FTP and install manually. i ofund this extremely odd. waiting for OTA.

also, Asus did not release the update because they did not get sign off from google for releasing a bug free/stable OS. thats why it got delayed so much.

the last 97MB update actually broke incoming call voice. it has been corrected in the latest 15MB OTA. hence, i'm a bit apprehensive about applying the update.
[MENTION=140016]Reloaded[/MENTION] : please share your experience with 5.0 update on Z5. detailed analysis will be much appreciated. :)

- - - Updated - - -

For whatever reasons my phone is not recognizing the zip files in Sd cards...a lil help?

try clearing cache.

Reloaded

In the zone
For whatever reasons my phone is not recognizing the zip files in Sd cards...a lil help?

Put the update file in the root directory not sd card, then restart, check the notification there will be a message for update.
Check this tutorial [How to Upgrade] Zenfone 5 to Lollipop manually-Step by Step with screenshots.-Fan Share

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Is that official OTA update & how is the experience?

update is available on asus website
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS ZenFone 5

I did a manual update not through OTA.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you download from their FTP and install manually?
bug report please!!

and battery performance?

ditto. loved the feel of the UI.

its not OTA. users have to dl it from FTP and install manually. i ofund this extremely odd. waiting for OTA.

also, Asus did not release the update because they did not get sign off from google for releasing a bug free/stable OS. thats why it got delayed so much.

the last 97MB update actually broke incoming call voice. it has been corrected in the latest 15MB OTA. hence, i'm a bit apprehensive about applying the update.
[MENTION=140016]Reloaded[/MENTION] : please share your experience with 5.0 update on Z5. detailed analysis will be much appreciated. :)

- - - Updated - - -

try clearing cache.

I did a manual update not through OTA. Lollipop is sucking too much battery, i can fell the difference in battery consumption.
UI is almost the same, few changes here and there, overall its almost the same visually. Bugs can't find any except the battery.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody who wants to update check this tutorial

[How to Upgrade] Zenfone 5 to Lollipop manually-Step by Step with screenshots.-Fan Share

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Hi guys i am planning to buy Asus Zenphone 5 .
Can you please suggest me is this a worth phone for my simple use of browsing , whatsapp, call ,Facebook and taking some outdoor pics.
Or should i go for other phones.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys i am planning to buy Asus Zenphone 5 .
Can you please suggest me is this a worth phone for my simple use of browsing , whatsapp, call ,Facebook and taking some outdoor pics.
Or should i go for other phones.

Decent buy but poor battery backup & very glossy reflective screen.

devil'sdouble

Broken In
I have updated my ZenFone 5 to Lollipop two days ago, but since then I am noticing a weird problem. The flash (LED) has got weaker (quite a lot!) when I am using it, be it as a flashlight or camera flash, it's really weak now, it wasn't on KitKat! Is this normal? The picture quality is poor than before too! When I take a photo with flash enabled the flash is not balanced and a portion of image looks rather blurry and all that.

I updated manually, there wasn't any OTA update notification. I have a A501CG, which was purchased from Flipkart, and I flashed the WW labelled Lollipop ROM on it.

Please help. Also if there is a dedicated ZenFone 5 forum please inform me, XDA community doesn't have any section for ZF5!

Thanks in advance.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I have updated my ZenFone 5 to Lollipop two days ago, but since then I am noticing a weird problem. The flash (LED) has got weaker (quite a lot!) when I am using it, be it as a flashlight or camera flash, it's really weak now, it wasn't on KitKat! Is this normal? The picture quality is poor than before too! When I take a photo with flash enabled the flash is not balanced and a portion of image looks rather blurry and all that.

I updated manually, there wasn't any OTA update notification. I have a A501CG, which was purchased from Flipkart, and I flashed the WW labelled Lollipop ROM on it.

Please help. Also if there is a dedicated ZenFone 5 forum please inform me, XDA community doesn't have any section for ZF5!

Thanks in advance.

I have updated mine now too..!!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Please go on to ZenTalk forum. Search for ASUS ZenTalk.

vindance1

Journeyman

Hi I am planning to buy zenfone 2. how is the build quality of the phone??? is there any heating issue? will it last me for 4-5 years under normal usage ?

Top Bottom