Cyborg Agent
*cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/asus/asus-zenfone-2-01.jpg

Zenfone 2
specs -

64 bit Lte Quad core 1.8ghz Intel Atom Z3560
Powervr G6430 Gpu
2gb ram
5.5 inch 1080p
13 Mp f2.0 camera with dual-LED flash (great low light performance )
5 mp secondary
16gb internal + expandable
Android 5.0
dual sim dual active
3000mah battery

the intel chip in this phone performs quite similar to Snapdragon 801 .. a good competition for upcoming xiaomi Mi4 ..

Price --

199 $ before taxes The Zenfone 2 will be available in Q2 2015

there is another model with Atom Z3580 and 4gb ram .. that is different and will cost more.. no price info yet

Asus Zenfone 2 - Full phone specifications

The Zenfone Zoom

The Asus Zenfone Zoom is built around a quite similar 5.5-inch 1080p screen and 13MP camera. However its main perk is the 3x optical zoom lens, which also has optical image stabilization.

The Asus Zenfone Zoom will set you back $399 before taxes. It should be available in Q2 2015.

Asus Zenfone Zoom - Full phone specifications

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
the GPU is the same one present in ipad air, at 199 $ this sounds too good to be true, a 12k phone with good warranty that delivers this much performance, much wow..
there's a version with 4 GB RAM, personally I think its a bad move, fragmenting owners of the same phone into two categories..
PS: f2.0 is wrong, its actually f2.7..

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
the GPU is the same one present in ipad air, at 199 $ this sounds too good to be true, a 12k phone with good warranty that delivers this much performance, much wow..
there's a version with 4 GB RAM, personally I think its a bad move, fragmenting owners of the same phone into two categories..

yup it equals Apple A7 and Adreno 330

200 before taxes .. most likely 14k in india ,

both gsmarena and PhoneArena are mentioning F2.0 .. let me know i'll change it

i think it's a great strategy to reach different price points.. if they only had 1 model with atom 3580 with 4gb ram, it would have ended up costing more than 20k.. out of reach for many.. and if they were to design a complete new midranger , they would have likely done some cost cutting on resolution,build quality and battery capacity..

this ensures rest of the things remain same just memory and chip is swapped.. so you end up getting the same high end quality with lesser performance at a lesser price

- - - Updated - - -

4 GB ram in a phone worth 199$

:shock: :shock: :shock:

no... that will cost more .. 200 $ version has 2gb ram and Z3560

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Guys, 199$ is most probably the contract price(You buy from a specific mobile carrier but have to keep using the phone for 2 years). The unlocked version(Indian version) will probably be much higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Source:CES 2015: ASUS Announces Flagship ZenFone 2 Smartphone with Android 5.0 | PC Perspective

The ZenFone 2 will start at $199 USD (I would assume this is a contract price), but no specific word on availability yet.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The Asus Zenfone 2 is also a seriously affordable smartphone, costing only $199 before taxes. However that price will only by applicable for the 2GB RAM/16GB version. Is it only us or it sounds too good to be true for a 5.5-inch 1080p off-contract phone?

Source : Asus announces the Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Zoom at CES 2015 - GSMArena.com news

199$ on contract is for high end phones, like the Iphone 6
For this to be on contract, it has to be free

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys, 199$ is most probably the contract price(You buy from a specific mobile carrier but have to keep using the phone for 2 years). The unlocked version(Indian version) will probably be much higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Source:CES 2015: ASUS Announces Flagship ZenFone 2 Smartphone with Android 5.0 | PC Perspective

They don't put up asus phones for 200$ contract price. This is considering that zenfone 5 has always been available as unlocked, never sold on contract and costs ~ 160-170$

$hadow

Geek in making
I am betting on 200$ as a sell of price. ASUS will never risk that mid tier market to go away with some weird decisions. But still 4GB ram means it has left us looking at the next gen flagships.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if Zenfone 2 sells at 13-14k (with 2GB ram) there won't be any competition. But showing a phone and offering it for sale 3-4 months later is bad tactics. the hype created now may die down by the time phone reaches the markets. should have kept the price under wraps. those who plan to buy a phone will buy ones currently available and not wait such long time. at this rate, Asus may break into top 5 smartphone makers in by 2017.

only in case of Zenfone Zoom.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
amazing!! I smell tough competition coming up from all Oems,first OPO,then Yureka and now this!!fingers crossed for more upcoming phones

$hadow

Geek in making
Looks like we are now completely going for two segments which are that premium phone makers and these budget phone makers which are looking to get all the lower end market from those high end manufacturers.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
amazing!! I smell tough competition coming up from all Oems,first OPO,then Yureka and now this!!fingers crossed for more upcoming phones

don't forget shamesung

Samsung Galaxy A3 and A5 with metallic body launched in India for Rs. 20500 and Rs. 25500

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
First camera samples with ZenFone 2 vs Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus mark it as a low-light star

Last edited:
Top Bottom