ASUS P5N-E SLI or INTEL DG965WH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsreality

Broken In
Hello friends! A small question.. what will I LOSE and GAIN if I decide to drop ASUS P5N-E SLI and go for INTEL DG965WH mobo... keeping other things same..?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
no overclocking.

RAM which operate at more than 1.8volts will cause problems:D

max. RAM voltage supported 1.8v.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Asus

Pros
You can overclock and juice out the power from Processor and other Stuff

Cons
no Onboard Graphic card so you will have to spend 5-6 Minimum to get a Graphic Card which will last for year or two.

DG965WH has onboard graphic card so you wont be needing a Graphic card to run simple OS. Onboard graphic can also play old games and few new games but not at full eye candy.

Cons - No overclocking, locked BIOS

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
thanx for replying guys.. in any case i m going to buy grfx card.. so thats not a problem and i m not worried about overclocking yet.. i m not getting the ASUS P5N-E SLI mobo here... Intel mobos are available readily.. so should I go for this one or if u can suggest a better one (INTEL)?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well , to be very honest .. the P5N-E SLi is worth the wait .. the Intel boards are crappy ... except the high end ones. .

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
praka123 said:
Intel boards to get serviced is a tedious job afaik and in my experiance.
Here i m facing an opposite situation.. asus mobos are difficult to find and servicing problems are also there..

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
For how much Intel DG965WH. I have this same Mobo :smile:
I didnt get u.. if u r askin budget.. its 8k for mobo..

deathvirus_me said:
Well , to be very honest .. the P5N-E SLi is worth the wait .. the Intel boards are crappy ... except the high end ones. .
Well then a direct question.. Should I really get that mobo from Mumbai by parcel knowing that i may not get service for it or should I compromise by opting for intel mobo..? Thats the dilemma i m facing rite now and cant decide..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
depends.

wat are you going to do?

watch movie, play songs, some editing... then Intel

if Gaming => ASUS.

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
depends.

wat are you going to do?

watch movie, play songs, some editing... then Intel

if Gaming => ASUS.

All that! and i m into gaming... esp wud like to play games like NFS carbon at its full throttle!!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
nfs carbon = not worth it.

Test Drive Unlimited :twisted:

u a gamer, so stick to Overclockable m/b =ASUS or other brands (except Intel) :wink:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hmm... I am with P5N-E SLi !!!! and umm !!! with its price right now !!! its a good buy !! :)

Only thing which really hearts is there is no On board Grfx :( and while i was in a Tight bugdet i ended upw with Crappy 6200 LE :( where g965 would be far better than 6200 LE :p

Kniwor

Learner
xsreality said:
Hello friends! A small question.. what will I LOSE and GAIN if I decide to drop ASUS P5N-E SLI and go for INTEL DG965WH mobo... keeping other things same..?

DONT DO THAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom