Asus P5B DLX vs P5N-E SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
guys my friend is going in for a new pc based on C2D.for the mobo part he has shortlisted 4 :
1>Asus P5B DLX
2>Asus P5N-E SLi
3>DFI LANPARTY UT NF680i LT SLI-T2R
4>MSI P6N Diamond

which will be the best mobo amongst these in all respects.his primary objective is oc and gaming.
is the third mobo available in Kolkata and wat is its price.
is it availble in any online store in India?
wats the price of the MSI P6N Diamond?

Also is there any Intel Bearlake (P35) chipset mobos available now in India?any idea on pricing,availability and performance??

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
For OC'ing 1 thing I can tell is P5B-DLX will be better than P5N-SLI. The DFI board might be rocking too but I don't think there's a need if he's not gonna use SLI, because it will be costlier I guess. And I have no Idea of that MSI board.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
theres aint any SLI business.SLI sux big time.it aint vfm.
both my friend and i will buy the same config and as far as gfx card is concerned we'll buy a 8600GTS/GT.
based on the above info which mobo will be the best.

As far as the P6N Diamond mobo is concerned,its a nVidia 680i SLI based mobo supporting 16GB ram,4xPci-ex16 slots for quad-sli setup/

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well , the P5N-E SLi actually has much more options for oc'ing that P5B Deluxe .. and the overall features are hardly diff. ...

All the mobo's mentioned are really good (the P6N will be much higher priced though) ... so getting any one will be satisfactory ...

Also , ur friend could opt for a Gigabyte 965P DS3P mobo ... has enough options , and priced under 10k's is the hot spot ..

theres aint any SLI business.SLI sux big time.it aint vfm.

U have a very strange viewpoint ... SLi maybe bad .. but why avoid SLi mobo's ?? the second PCIe slot may come in handy later ... those mobo's perform good enough with a single GPU don't they ??

vikz

Broken In
I just bought a P5N-E SLI for Rs. 7500/- in Bangalore and I'm thrilled with the performance. It's based on an Nvidia 650 chipset and overclocking is great. Search the forums at www.Xtremesytems.com for P5N-E SLI and you'll find over a 120 pages on it. Based on a price/perfomance ratio, this board is what I would recommend.

Kniwor

Learner
deathvirus_me said:
Well , the P5N-E SLi actually has much more options for oc'ing that P5B Deluxe .. and the overall features are hardly diff. ...
Unfortunately, only options do not decide overclockability, the 650 chipset is not as good overclocker as P965, and hence my comment, I'm quite confident that P5B-Deluxe in general is better OC'er than P5N.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
The 650i has much more options ... but the P965 is actually much more stable in terms of the oc'ing .. but hell , it'll finally vary with every mobo ... its about what u actually need ...

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
i'm not avoiding SLi mobos.all the mobos that hav been shortlisted r sli capable.what i said is that both my friend and i dont hav any intentions of setting up sli

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
Unfortunately, only options do not decide overclockability, the 650 chipset is not as good overclocker as P965, and hence my comment, I'm quite confident that P5B-Deluxe in general is better OC'er than P5N.
The only difference between 680i and 650i is,

680i SLI = C55XE + 590SLI
650i SLI = C55XE + NV 430

Hence they clock same and there is no difference chipset wise.Its upon board implementation and BIOS options

Asus Has P5N32-E SLI Plus which is C55XE [650i SLI] with 570 SLI Southbridge,its much cheaper and still boasts almost same features as P5N32-E SLI with Solid Metal Caps all over to add to the goodies ;)

but the P965 is actually much more stable in terms of the oc'ing
As in ? :confused:

@ Assasin,
Dont get MSI boards,In India they are shamefully expensive and totally NOT worth the price.
DFI is a strict no no for a first time clocker ;)
P5N32-E SLI is SLIGHTLY more than P5B Dlx,why not consider that ?
Newer revision and latest BIOS has fixed Vdroop too.:D
It shares the same PCB with the Striker :twisted:

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
@darklord wats the price of P5N32-E SLI??
do u know the price of the DFI board??if its somewhere near the other boards then i may buy it for myself,provided its available.:D

darklord

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:
@darklord wats the price of P5N32-E SLI??
do u know the price of the DFI board??if its somewhere near the other boards then i may buy it for myself,provided its available.:D
DFI is not avlbl in India....
Asus P5N32-E SLI = 13.5k all inclusive,maybe even cheaper :D

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ then i'll hav to redo all my calculations.i've 40k for mobo,procy,ram and gfx card.i dont think i'll be able to squeez in the P5N32-E SLI if its above 11k,cuz i've kept bout 18k for mobo & proccy,8.5-9k for 2GB ddr2 ram and the rest for a DX10 gpu when its released in that price bracket.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:
^^^ then i'll hav to redo all my calculations.i've 40k for mobo,procy,ram and gfx card.i dont think i'll be able to squeez in the P5N32-E SLI if its above 11k,cuz i've kept bout 18k for mobo & proccy,8.5-9k for 2GB ddr2 ram and the rest for a DX10 gpu when its released in that price bracket.

Asus P5N32- E SLI = 13.5k
Intel C2D E4300 = 7.5k
2GB Dynet 533 DDR2 Ram = 5k

Total = 26k
Balance for GPU = 14k [8600GTS ????]

I am known to make people bankrupt :)):)):)):))
ROFL

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
but dood i aint buying a E4300 and neither is my friend.both of us will buy E6300.
here our vendor said that 2*1GB ddr2 ZION ram sticks will cost 4150 apiece.
i'm planning to get the 8600GTS if its available for 14k.:D
so i'll be in all sorts of prob if hav to buy the P5N32-E SLi:(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
assasin said:
but dood i aint buying a E4300 and neither is my friend.both of us will buy E6300.
is Zion really a good option for OC'n???

once i enquired about it @ Chennai, those guys were just clueless about it :D (about 4 months ago)

darklord

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:

4K for a stick !!!!! he is looting you dude ! Even Kingston 1Gb DDR2 667 is around 2900-3,000 or so.
Btw may i ask why 6300 and not 4300 ? Virtualization ???:confused:

hey what's the max fsb ur P5N goes darklord??
500 FSB is piece of cake.Just need to take care of the insane amount of heat it generates :D
Its bloody hot chipset :mad:

Go for P5w DH ...u will have the Right balance of Features & OC capablity
P5WDH is solid,fast platform although OCing wouldnt be great or so.Newer revision P5WDH clock upto 450 but its difficult to get there easily :)
At stock though,it is STILL the fastest chipset [975X] compared to 965,680i,650i etc etc...No one comes close to it.But tighter chipset latencies sacrifice OC potential. :(

is Zion really a good option for OC'n???
Zion is not known for making OC friendly RAM :(

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
The only difference between 680i and 650i is,

680i SLI = C55XE + 590SLI
650i SLI = C55XE + NV 430

Hence they clock same and there is no difference chipset wise.Its upon board implementation and BIOS options
from anandtech
The EVGA 650i Ultra offers excellent overclocking capabilities for a $100 Intel motherboard but it quickly runs out of headroom around the 500FSB level. We believe this is a limitation of the 650i SPP based upon our results with other 650i boards.
*www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2964&p=12

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

The reason i said this is that at most places ... almost all the P965 chips does >400 FSB easily without any stability issues ... and that some 650i have certain issues which should be fixed by now ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom