ASUS K53S LAPTOP - Service issues and total damage on laptop

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi all,

I own an ASUS K53S laptop which is not in warranty period. Recently it had an issue with battery not charging,system hanging without booting in and if switched on getting switched off very soon Gave to a local service center -not official- in Bangalore, who diagnosed it to have problems on motherboard ( its been almost 3 weeks +) . They did chip level servicing, BIOS upgrade etc etc and still isn't clear what is wrong with the machine and have reached a stage where the machine doesn't even switch on. They are saying the whole motherboard including the NVIDIA graphics card is damaged.Now the ask is to change the motherboard and is looking to get it arranged . I am clueless on how to deal and get it back in working condition.

Can we trust to get good motherboards for the model and will it last for a year plus without giving issues ( he says 3month warranty)
How much it costs? [ He says around 6k] . If he fails to arrange the motherboard how should I deal with him since I got the machine completely damaged under their service?

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Any inputs digitians.. ? Any idea where to get ASUS Motherboard ; as I need to get it changed now. The service guy is saying he is checking but not available. How much would it cost and is it worth changing the Motherboard and then selling it after a couple of of months ?

Top Bottom