assembled or branded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ready to spend 25K to 35K in Bangalore on a desktop PC for home use. priority is performance,multimedia. should I go for assembled or branded. (I am weary of getting cheated if go for assembled eg not genuine parts)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Assembled is recommended but if u think u might get cheated then go for branded. try hp/compaq/lg/ibm/acer . u shud be able to get a fairly good pc in 35k. do post the specs before buying so we can suggest the best one.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Like mohit said, if you cannot find a reliable assembler, then go for a branded PC. Maybe some other Bangaloreans can suggest reliable assemblers in your area. In any case, do post the price and exact config before purchasing so that we can respond with suggestions.

phatratt

In the zone
I would go for assembled any day.If u have excellent knowledge over hardware and its pricing then go for assembled one.But if u are a newbie or u don't know much about hardware i suggest u to stick to branded 'coz it is easy to get cheated.S.P road is the place in b'lore where u get all kind of pc and parts.If u prefer to go for branded get stay away from free offer the vendor gives like webcam+table+600VA ups free* and later he says u need to shell out more than what u have asked for.Also in a branded PC customisation(modification of u'r choice) is impossible and most branded pc comes with measly 128MB ram with 3.0ghz processor!!and u can't ask more RAM as they will reply "this is a standard configuration and we cannot change".

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
if at all u go for a branded PC
be extremely careful with the specs they offer,
as they very cleverly mask the low performing peripherals
so better be careful
i went for branded and now i repent doin tht

this is the reason why (my experience)
*blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-xnR9nEUncqzygSs5oPODYAln?p=22

I

invisible

bhabendrasaikia said:
I am ready to spend 25K to 35K in Bangalore on a desktop PC for home use. priority is performance,multimedia. should I go for assembled or branded. (I am weary of getting cheated if go for assembled eg not genuine parts)
Never go for branded PCs.
No explanation. :lol:

mkmkmk

In the zone
go for branded dude its really worth ,u will came to know this when u will face any tough problem of hardware ,i would like to suggest u lg really quick response ,2 time they replaced my motherboard wihout any hesitations ,i have lg my pc of 3 yr warranty

OP
B

bhabendrasaikia

Broken In
price is Rs 36500 for ...

Thank you all for replying. yesterday i enquired about Acer.The specs are :
Acer Aspire V 4324:
AMD Athlon 64 Bit 3200+ Processor / 1 GB DDR RAM / 80 GB SATA / 1.44 FDD / CD+DVD Combo Drive / LAN -Modem / Sound On-Board / Key-Board / Optical Mouse / 17" CRT Monitor / Creative 2.1 Speakers / Joy Stick & Game Pad / 3-D Game CD/ Windows XP Professional/ 1 Year Onsite Warranty

Price : Rs.36,500/-(All Inclusive)

Do u think price is reasonable.
If go for assembled, to avoid getting cheated is it enough if I verify the components in MyComputer/Properties/Hardware/DeviceManager?

H

harsh bajpai

@mkmkmk
dude, most of the board manufacturers (MSI, DFI,Asus etc)provide ample warranties including intel. and i assure u that performance wise any intelligently assembled PC will easily beat it's equipriced branded counterpart. and manufacturers also replace faulty products very fast. I myself got my overheating processor replaced by Intel within a week.
My pc is fully assembled and i'll give you the warranty details of it's parts.

intel P4 HT 3.0GHz proc. = 3 Yrs.
INtel 915GAV MOBO =3 Yrs.
Leadtek Nvidia 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 = 3Yrs.
kingston 256*4 (400 FSB) RAM = lifetime
antec smartpower 400W = 2Yrs.
Seagate 80GB SATA = 5 Yrs.
Sony DVD writer = 1Yrs.
etc. etc.

you can decide which is better.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Re: price is Rs 36500 for ...

bhabendrasaikia said:
Thank you all for replying. yesterday i enquired about Acer.The specs are :
Acer Aspire V 4324:
AMD Athlon 64 Bit 3200+ Processor / 1 GB DDR RAM / 80 GB SATA / 1.44 FDD / CD+DVD Combo Drive / LAN -Modem / Sound On-Board / Key-Board / Optical Mouse / 17" CRT Monitor / Creative 2.1 Speakers / Joy Stick & Game Pad / 3-D Game CD/ Windows XP Professional/ 1 Year Onsite Warranty

Price : Rs.36,500/-(All Inclusive)

Do u think price is reasonable.
If go for assembled, to avoid getting cheated is it enough if I verify the components in MyComputer/Properties/Hardware/DeviceManager?

price is slightly high but considering u r getting orig. win xp prof its ok. the specs are good. just check the following things,

:arrow: is the 17" monitor flat or not ?

:arrow: what speed ram are they giving u ? ddr 400 or ddr 333 or ddr 266 ?

:arrow: try 2 ask details about the motherboard / processor socket. if they are not able to tell u the details ask them for a demo and run the following tool on the demo pc from a cd ,

CPU-Z

Download cpu-z from there and burn it on a cd and take it to the demo. just click on the cpu-z and allow it to run on the demo pc. it will throw up all the details of the motherboard , procc , ram . post that info to us.

:arrow: do check other companies like hp/lg/ibm.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I guess you would get a better deal if you go for assembled . but it is important to find a reliable assembler. You could get an equivalent or better PC for a shade over 32 000 , with complete choice of parts to suit your wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom