Assemble yourself or get it the usual way ?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If the Geeks like you are getting confused, then imagine what will happen to me :lol:

I'm no geek, as I said earlier, I have hardly seen the inside of my cabinet in the last couple of years. You won't get confused if you just follow the motherboard's manual properly.

And one more thing, being a commerce student has it's disadvantages as far as hardware is concerned. I'm not really well versed with terms like capacitors, resistances etc.

Once again, as I said earlier, my brother could understand much more by just looking at the board than me coz he was studying computer engineering. just in case you're wondering, currently he's away for his job.

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
its ok borax bhai, 8 hai na to kuch bhi call karo, kee fark painda hai :)

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I'm no geek, as I said earlier, I have hardly seen the inside of my cabinet in the last couple of years. You won't get confused if you just follow the motherboard's manual properly.

And one more thing, being a commerce student has it's disadvantages as far as hardware is concerned. I'm not really well versed with terms like capacitors, resistances etc.

Once again, as I said earlier, my brother could understand much more by just looking at the board than me coz he was studying computer engineering. just in case you're wondering, currently he's away for his job.

Me also a have been a commerce student so know the problems :)

I said that reading your title Alpha Geek :p

borax12

the dotmaster
actually to say nobody is a geek....this term is more aptly applied to anybody who has a passionate and inner liking for the subject or hobby in this case....."alpha geek"....does sound geeky though...no offense meant anyways.....and yeah remeber..the meore you take interested you become in computers....the more it sucks you into the never ending rabbit hole of geekology and technology...so be geeky...and hers to everybody........cheers!!!!!

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
actually to say nobody is a geek....this term is more aptly applied to anybody who has a passionate and inner liking for the subject or hobby in this case....."alpha geek"....does sound geeky though...no offense meant anyways.....and yeah remeber..the meore you take interested you become in computers....the more it sucks you into the never ending rabbit hole of geekology and technology...so be geeky...and hers to everybody........cheers!!!!!

Nicely put. :)

borax12

the dotmaster
thanks...waise my belief is to be mkore aware and know more on computer technology is watch vids (youtube) on newly release hardware.....or take part in other computer forms like anandtech,techenclave,tomshardware,etc.....wise do u guys wanna know how i take my dailydose(sorry if aomebodies not iterested)....i fill up 98 INR top up on my nkoia nuron(5230) phone and use airtel mobile internet....and watch 3gp quality youtube vids daily(i have a 2 gb limit....its actually more than enough)and then look up for terms that striles my head....on listening to the entire....vid....so thats how i keep myself updtaed...and please mods...this aint spam...so please dont delete this post

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
yeah ...in a way we can but to sound more official eh!!!.....anyways this 4+4 is actually called the 8 pin .......the earlier 12 v rails had the pin connector as a 4 pin connector ...but in a matter of time board came with newer more power requirement so the 4 pin moved on to become the 8 pin power connector so PSU's started to ship with the dual 4 pin connector...(in a similar fashion as the mobo's do 20+4 connector instead of the direct 24 pin)....so ...though u can call the connector as anything u wish...but i feel usage of correct terms is better....no offense meant ....ehh!!

I do understand how the boards came out with more requirement. Speaking of terminology, but saying 'correct terms' is incorrect. Even today on an 8 PIN EPS 12V, the 4+4 can be connected, just using a 4 PIN only. That is why it is called 4+4. It is not mandate to use both pins. Only if extreme OC (power requirement) is seen in the future, both pins can be deployed. I feel it is safer to use 4+4 since the user knows he can get a board with 8 PIN requirement OR 4 PIN, and his PSU will supply via the 4+4.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Alpha geek has been assigned automatically depending on the number of posts, it hasn't been written by me.

* I too was interested in computers, initially I wanted to learn some coding & when I got my first PC I had started learning flash, then HTML & javascript. But slowly my interst waned as I knew it won't be of any use in my field. I just got interested in Internet & multimedia. (I know a bit of photoshop). Then when I wanted to buy the new PC, I got intersted in hardware, new PC is now 3 and a half years old, since then I've been advising my friends whenever they need to buy or upgrade & have constantly tried to remain updated & in the process I've gained some knowledge. But due to a lack of professional or career interests, I stay away from complicated terms like 12 volt rails & this 4+4.

* yet, as far as my friends are concerned, for them I'm the biggest geek in the world, according to them I know everything they need. Just the other day one of my friends who bought a PC as per my suggestion called me and said thanks as he hadn't got a graphics card and yet he is able to run crysis on his machine. He was quite surprised by this fact as he has seen new machines incapable of running 2 year old games and here he was running new games (although at pretty low settings) on his cheap machine which cost just 22300 for a full PC. then I explained to him why I had stressed on the Biostar TA785G3 HD board.

* Yet, they only need to come to this forum to know that there are hundreds of people who make my knowledge look inadequate for any real purpose. I come to this forum to share whatever little knowledge I have & in the process I learn a lot of new things every day.

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
Alpha geek has been assigned automatically depending on the number of posts, it hasn't been written by me.

* I too was interested in computers, initially I wanted to learn some coding & when I got my first PC I had started learning flash, then HTML & javascript. But slowly my interst waned as I knew it won't be of any use in my field. I just got interested in Internet & multimedia. (I know a bit of photoshop). Then when I wanted to buy the new PC, I got intersted in hardware, new PC is now 3 and a half years old, since then I've been advising my friends whenever they need to buy or upgrade & have constantly tried to remain updated & in the process I've gained some knowledge. But due to a lack of professional or career interests, I stay away from complicated terms like 12 volt rails & this 4+4.

* yet, as far as my friends are concerned, for them I'm the biggest geek in the world, according to them I know everything they need. Just the other day one of my friends who bought a PC as per my suggestion called me and said thanks as he hadn't got a graphics card and yet he is able to run crysis on his machine. He was quite surprised by this fact as he has seen new machines incapable of running 2 year old games and here he was running new games (although at pretty low settings) on his cheap machine which cost just 22300 for a full PC. then I explained to him why I had stressed on the Biostar TA785G3 HD board.

* Yet, they only need to come to this forum to know that there are hundreds of people who make my knowledge look inadequate for any real purpose. I come to this forum to share whatever little knowledge I have & in the process I learn a lot of new things every day.

Put even in nicer manner :adore:

I guess I am on the first step right now of your ladder. :)

borax12

the dotmaster
I do understand how the boards came out with more requirement. Speaking of terminology, but saying 'correct terms' is incorrect. Even today on an 8 PIN EPS 12V, the 4+4 can be connected, just using a 4 PIN only. That is why it is called 4+4. It is not mandate to use both pins. Only if extreme OC (power requirement) is seen in the future, both pins can be deployed. I feel it is safer to use 4+4 since the user knows he can get a board with 8 PIN requirement OR 4 PIN, and his PSU will supply via the 4+4.

.....any p55 board.....or even x58 or the amd 8XX boards.....all have 8pin connection requirements now.....u cannot add a 4 pin into an 8 pin NOW......so its not only for overclocking but in general use too.....so the 4pin that was the requirement earlier...morphed to 8 pin 12V connectors......in general yes you said it correclty.....we CAN add two 4 pins into the 8 pin slot ....when using Power supllies that ship witht the old ATX standards....with the dual 4 pin connector...there.....
another thing...take this into account ...you have an old power supply....by old i mean ..older standards.....you have decided to install a 5870 in the board.....as well as an amd 1090t be too....now as per the power requirements...you need a 8 pin connector .....for the cpu....so u use both the 4 pin connectors....no what happens is u lose the 4 pin power connector required for the 5870 as well(as u may know these days these card require both a six pin and 1 4 pin connector,,,,,,so u see u have no connectors left...so thats why we clearly distinguish between a 4 pin anda n 8 pin now....i hope that explains...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Not sure. I have seen guys using one EPS 12V on P55 and X58, if they will not OC. Which GPU requires a 4 PIN PEG connector. It is either 6 PIN, 8 PIN, or both..? Is there any PEG connector which is 4 PIN..?

borax12

the dotmaster
in total what power connectors in recent board go are the 24 pin ...and the 8 pin in the mosfets zone....its the 8 pin 12v rail i am talking abt from the psu...heres the link that supports it(4+4...in same slot if power supply is of older standards)
*www.tomshardware.com/forum/227971-33-motherboard-power-connector
.....the 5850 does(dont remember the model and make....i mean the brand).....as for the dual 6 pin requiremnt card....heres it....Radeon HD 5870 Review

borax12

the dotmaster
...actually we weren't vwad......i just realized my mistake today evening......i saw and rechecked.....asigh...is right....i mistook the 6 pin power connector on the gpu fr a 4 pin.....higher end cards have either dual 6 pin or one 6 pin and one 8 pin...theres actually no 4 pin...the dual 4 pins are only for the aux power source for the cpu (12V evs rail.....)....so in a way ...my bad.... :(....and remember the 4 pin cannot be installed on a 8 pin but a 8 pin can be installed on a 4 pin board.....with the rest of the 4 pins left unistalled...unused.....

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
...actually we weren't vwad......i just realized my mistake today evening......i saw and rechecked.....asigh...is right....i mistook the 6 pin power connector on the gpu fr a 4 pin.....higher end cards have either dual 6 pin or one 6 pin and one 8 pin...theres actually no 4 pin...the dual 4 pins are only for the aux power source for the cpu (12V evs rail.....)....so in a way ...my bad.... :(....and remember the 4 pin cannot be installed on a 8 pin but a 8 pin can be installed on a 4 pin board.....with the rest of the 4 pins left unistalled...unused.....

Kewl. The forest of wires, I am coming :grin:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
That is the grave mistake which most people make, or try. They try to force fit the EPS12V on the GPU 6 PIN (since 2 are pure earthing), or vice a versa try to push a 6 PIN PEG into the EPS12V socket, since it is slit grooved it makes it in. Then the problems start. But if you guys see the guide which I posted you can never ever go wrong. Heck...! If you do not have the www on when assembling, take a print of that page. Will save you headaches.

Borax12, PM me your mail id. Will send you the assembly guide, so both of us can review it, and make changes and post the final version. Probably soon will be mounting a 1 TB HDD, so will dismantle the system to clean it out. While putting it back together, will take extensive images. But TDF has a limit of 15. Sad.

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
That is the grave mistake which most people make, or try. They try to force fit the EPS12V on the GPU 6 PIN (since 2 are pure earthing), or vice a versa try to push a 6 PIN PEG into the EPS12V socket, since it is slit grooved it makes it in. Then the problems start. But if you guys see the guide which I posted you can never ever go wrong. Heck...! If you do not have the www on when assembling, take a print of that page. Will save you headaches.

Borax12, PM me your mail id. Will send you the assembly guide, so both of us can review it, and make changes and post the final version. Probably soon will be mounting a 1 TB HDD, so will dismantle the system to clean it out. While putting it back together, will take extensive images. But TDF has a limit of 15. Sad.

You could post the tutorial with images on blogger.

Exactly. :) Waiting desperately :jump:

borax12

the dotmaster

as the 8 pin or 4 pin(patterned grooves for cpu power) are made in such a way that only the 8 or 4 pin connector ports can go in............i believe the vice versa thing is possible.(..as a mikstake) but i believe trying to force the 8 pin or 4 in into the gpu aint possible....it wont go in ....i sppose or would it....no idea nevr tried.........!!!!

as for the tutorial ...yeah me ready.....i will pm you my email id......but one thing i believe....it will be better to post it as a video.......or write it up on mine or your blog..(mine is freshly made with no entries in it....its techgaame.blogspot.com)....youtube is probably a better idea...

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
as the 8 pin or 4 pin(patterned grooves for cpu power) are made in such a way that only the 8 or 4 pin connector ports can go in............i believe the vice versa thing is possible.(..as a mikstake) but i believe trying to force the 8 pin or 4 in into the gpu aint possible....it wont go in ....i sppose or would it....no idea nevr tried.........!!!!

as for the tutorial ...yeah me ready.....i will pm you my email id......but one thing i believe....it will be better to post it as a video.......or write it up on mine or your blog..(mine is freshly made with no entries in it....its techgaame.blogspot.com)....youtube is probably a better idea...

Do both if possible YT and Blogger :)

Top Bottom