Assassin's Creed: Brahman

Flash

Lost in speed
*cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server5600/5973c/products/297/images/1967/Brahman_TemporaryCover__16502.1374010128.1280.1280.jpg

Ubisoft has talked in the past about an Indian setting for the Assassin’s Creed universe, and that’s about to become a reality; just not in the way you’d expect.
Assassin’s Creed: Brahman is a graphic novel set in 19[SUP]th[/SUP] century India during British colonisation. The comics will star a new assassin named Arbaaz Mir, who is fighting "a lifelong foe who has subjugated Mir's land and people."

UbiWorkshop.com said:
"The story follows the adventures of Arbaaz Mir as he faces down a foe who subjugated his land and people and who’s now in possession of an artefact that may be a very powerful Piece of Eden. Will he disobey the Brotherhood and take the life of his greatest foe? Will he uncover the secret of the artefact? Will his connection to Abstergo programmer Jot Soora be revealed?"

The comic will be written by Brenden Fletcher, and Cameron Stewart and Karl Kerschl and provide the artwork, just as they did for previous Assassin’s Creed comics.

The artwork Ubisoft has released, which you can see below, appears to show the young assassin take on British adversaries, with Amritsar’s Golden Temple visible.
While this is only a comic for now, it would be interesting to see if Ubisoft goes on make a game based on this setting.

*www.mcvuk.com/_media/images/India/assassins-creed-brahmin-1.jpg

*www.mcvuk.com/_media/images/India/assassins-creed-brahmin-2.jpg

*www.mcvuk.com/_media/images/India/assassins-creed-brahmin-3.jpg

*www.mcvuk.com/_media/images/India/assassins-creed-brahmin-4.jpg*www.mcvuk.com/_media/images/India/assassins-creed-brahmin-5.jpg
Ubisoft Reveals A New Assassin's Creed Set In India (It's a Comic)

I expected a standalone game.. :(

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Assassin's Creed: Brahman
And the protagonist is a muslim.wht? :lol:
Racist white ppl
"All Indians are Moslems"
"Indian.Arab. what's the difference"
And why the f**k does he have a typical Arab scimitar?

Inb4 govt. bans this. :p:D

Govt. dont care about this otaku-san.
This should have been
Assassin's Creed: Persia

gameranand

Living to Play
Well with this controversial name I have no idea. I mean Brahmans killing people is just out of the way as per our history and Brahmans as Antagonists is also not good.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
As per trivia in Assassin creed wiki, it says

• Arbaaz in Urdu means "eagle," while Mir is a Punjabi clan or tribe between present day India and Pakistan. Mir is also a loanword from the Arabic emir, amir, and thus has the meaning of "leader, commander, prince" in aforementioned places.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Hmm...I didn't think of it that way. Then who will be the protoganists?

Brahmans = Templars.
i think.

As per trivia in Assassin creed wiki, it says

• Arbaaz in Urdu means "eagle," while Mir is a Punjabi clan or tribe between present day India and Pakistan. Mir is also a loanword from the Arabic emir, amir, and thus has the meaning of "leader, commander, prince" in aforementioned places.

Ha! I knew it!
Ubi Plagiarized from their own franchise

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
I guess, you all're confused with Brahmin and Brahman.

Brahmin - A person is the one who is born in the upper class orthodox family on Hinduism (as classified by the varnas -followed by Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras), studied vedas and leads a life dictated by Dharmas and Shastaas to attain his karma.

Brahman refers to the Supreme self, unchanging, infinite, immanent, and transcendent reality which is the Divine Ground of all matter, energy, time, space, being, and everything beyond in this Universe.

IMO, AC:Brahman refers to the story of a Savior(Arbaaz Mir), who fights the British empire in India..

gameranand

Living to Play
I guess, you all're confused with Brahmin and Brahman.

Brahmin - A person is the one who is born in the upper class orthodox family on Hinduism (as classified by the varnas -followed by Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras), studied vedas and leads a life dictated by Dharmas and Shastaas to attain his karma.

Brahman refers to the Supreme self, unchanging, infinite, immanent, and transcendent reality which is the Divine Ground of all matter, energy, time, space, being, and everything beyond in this Universe.

IMO, AC:Brahman refers to the story of a Savior(Arbaaz Mir), who fights the British empire in India..

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. :)

Top Bottom