Around ~35k Notebook needed

PikachuTrAiNeR

Boredom redefined.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs. 30~40k, preferably around 35k.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen. 14" will also do.
Needs to be on the lighter side, will be carrying to college with a already heavy backpack.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP? I don't really know.
b. Dislike: Toshiba (I cannot overstate my dissatisfaction with their Customer Service)

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Will be running Arch/Xubuntu and Windows 8. Tasks include browsing, running web servers, web/mobile development, H264 720p video playback, virtualization (nothing too intensive), possibly some emulation (Gamecube/PS2).

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
As high a pixel density as possible, really. Should be 16:9. Not expecting something too great. Glossy.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS, matte/glossy finish)
Need discrete graphics if possible. I do have an Intel bias but if it's a better rig, I can go for AMD.

One more thing
I had almost decided on the HP G6-2227TU based on Digit's shootout this month since it had almost universally better benchmark scores than that of even higher categories, but it doesn't seem to have a discrete graphics solution unlike what the comparison chart suggested. Is this an error on the part of Flipkart/HP or on that of Digit?

Last edited:

bhokal

Broken In
Take a look at this
NP350V5X-S01IN - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India
3rd gen Core i5 3230m / 4gb / 500gb hdd / 2g ati 7670m / DOS / 2 usb 3.0 ports + 2 usb 2.0 / 2.33kg @ 36k in nehru place delhi. See if u can get it locally