Are u frustrated with ur ISP ?

Are u frustrated with ur ISP ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I am almost had it with MTNL's sh*tty service.Will shift to Airtel the moment they launch a 2Mbps NU unlimited scheme.Mind you this is a shift from Pacenet which I had earlier & was equally pathetic.:mad:

agnels

Live The Dream!
Idea speeds are ok compared to dail up but billing system horrible. After 15rs daily deduction for unlimited surfing more charges are deducted whenever i use my cell as modem. 81 rs were refunded but problem still exists. The gprs dept has acknowledged the problem but unable to solve. Escalated my complaint to nodal officer now. The cc guys at idea needs to update their knowledge. Software downloads are chargeable according to them when on unlimited plan.....

agnels

Live The Dream!
They are charging me close to 2p /KB when i browse on my pc through my cell and also with the web browser but not opera mini. Since i am on unlimited plan this is unfair.

^ wat kinda software downloads are charged *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/13a.gif

According to the call centre its only browsing thats unlimited and downloads are chargeable. When i asked what rate i would be charged to download norton anti virus they could not answer and only gave me rates of downloading ring tones wallpapers etc and transfered to gprs dept who clarified that no charge is levied for data transfer. Also agreed that they were charging me for data transfer but later another lady denied the same. They also refused me a copy of call logs which is available to post paid but i am on pre paid

Last edited:
I am getting good download speeds of minimum 200KBPS in my BSNL H500, which being a 20% down is permissible, but I get frequent 1-30min internet cuts a few times every week, and that makes me really MAD :mad:.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I am not frustrated at all with my ISP. Hardly any downtime. I get a decent speed of 27-28 kbps while downloading. No issues with blocked ports and all. Plus, a static IP so I can run all kinds of servers on my PC. The upload speed is good enough to be able to run these services easily, for my convinience.

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ well... thats for sure.

But I dont like to download files from RS, instead i'll stumble upon torrents :p

^ well... thats for sure.

But I dont like to download files from RS, instead i'll stumble upon torrents :p
torrents give quite low speeds.
so what I do is to find an RS download thats been split to multiple parts, and pool the download with my friends and each downloads his share of parts. Then we get together and exchange what we downloaded with others. Then we extract and enjoy.
Such coorporative downloading can't be possible with bittorrent, which needs you to upload and download at the same time.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
torrents give quite low speeds.
so what I do is to find an RS download thats been split to multiple parts, and pool the download with my friends and each downloads his share of parts. Then we get together and exchange what we downloaded with others. Then we extract and enjoy.
Such coorporative downloading can't be possible with bittorrent, which needs you to upload and download at the same time.
Torrents give far better speeds than files on http/ftp servers.Just make sure you download a torrent that has enough seeders and peers [no. of peers < no. of seeders] and no leechers.Though some torrent sites prefer calling peers as leeachers, so be careful there.! ;) .
And make sure you have done port forwarding stuff properly.If you don't wanna get into port-forwarding than just enable UPnP in both your router and Torrent client [maybe in your OS too] and then see the speed difference b/n bit-torrent and http/ftp network.!

Torrents give far better speeds than files on http/ftp servers.Just make sure you download a torrent that has enough seeders and peers [no. of peers < no. of seeders] and no leechers.Though some torrent sites prefer calling peers as leeachers, so be careful there.! ;) .
And make sure you have done port forwarding stuff properly.If you don't wanna get into port-forwarding than just enable UPnP in both your router and Torrent client [maybe in your OS too] and then see the speed difference b/n bit-torrent and http/ftp network.!
and how do I do it with Azherus on my Ubuntu ?

praka123

left this forum longback
^use bridge mode(ie;dial from Linux to connect with "pon dsl-provider" and "poff" to disconnect).apt-get install lokkit; in a terminal,run "lokkit" as sudo or su.in custom option in "other ports",enter "59874" click OK and exit.
when net is connected,see the o/p of "iptables -L" as su or sudo.it should show that port is opened.
launch azureus,go to tool>nat firewall test>enter 59874 and try pinging.if it succeed.click yes and accept.that's it.
for torrents,wait for a minute or 2 sometimes to show the seeds and peers.install different azureus plugins like coutry locator etc,it is fun :p

in H500,Azureus can download with 218-220KBps in my Debian box.It is gr8. :)

if u use pppoe-builtin router dialer,u have to enable virtual server and open ports in router.

^^damn, azureus is closing soon after I open it from application tab.
Here is the terminal output when I open it there :

Code:
gautham@Gautham-Linux:~$ azureus
changeLocale: *Default Language* != English (India). Searching without country..
changeLocale: Searching for language English in *any* country..
changeLocale: no message properties for Locale 'English (India)' (en_IN), using 'English (default)'
DEBUG::Mon Feb 04 19:31:18 IST 2008  Data Missing /home/gautham/Desktop/Ozzy Osbourne - The Essential Ozzy Osbourne (2CD) - FLAC - HellraiserRG
DEBUG::Mon Feb 04 19:31:28 IST 2008::com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.VirtualChannelSelector::select::272:
  Caught exception on selector.select() op: Operation not permitted
    NonBlockingReadWriteService$1::runSupport::80,AEThread::run::69
java.io.IOException: Operation not permitted
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.epollCtl(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.updateRegistrations(EPollArrayWrapper.java:202)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.poll(EPollArrayWrapper.java:183)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.doSelect(EPollSelectorImpl.java:65)
        at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.lockAndDoSelect(SelectorImpl.java:69)
        at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:80)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.tcp.VirtualChannelSelectorImpl.select(VirtualChannelSelectorImpl.java:446)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.VirtualChannelSelector.select(VirtualChannelSelector.java:272)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.core.clientmessageservice.impl.NonBlockingReadWriteService$1.runSupport(NonBlockingReadWriteService.java:80)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AEThread.run(AEThread.java:69)
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb4749172, pid=8851, tid=3085052816
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode, sharing)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libglibjni-0.4.so+0x9172]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid8851.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   *java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted (core dumped)
gautham@Gautham-Linux:~$

praka123

left this forum longback
^upgrade to latest sun-java6-jre.
you can try deluge-torrent also.it isnt that resource hungry as Azureus does :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom