Are there any wired speakers with mic?

srdigit16

In the zone
I would like to have something like this because I am using a zoom meeting & I can't keep my headset on the ear all the time & so I need to hear & respond if someone calls me. I already have a bluetooth speaker but the audo quality is poor in headset mode

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

patkim

Cyborg Agent
If you have found a solution by now, good enough. Otherwise, I would first of all like to know what is your current setup. Is it a desktop or a laptop?
If desktop, does it have a separate Mic in port?
If laptop, does it have a Headphone Out/Mic in combo port?

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
If you have found a solution by now, good enough. Otherwise, I would first of all like to know what is your current setup. Is it a desktop or a laptop?
If desktop, does it have a separate Mic in port?
If laptop, does it have a Headphone Out/Mic in combo port?
it is laptop with combined port

patkim

Cyborg Agent
The combo headphone out/Mic in port on laptops only understand integrated headphone + mic device.

You can not separately plug in a stand-alone mic therein. But there’s a trick that generally works, though I cannot assure you that it will always work.
Go for a headphone mic splitter jack and plug it into the combo port. Now the device is internally wired in such a way that the combo port will be able to differentiate between speakers and mic even thought they are multiplexed thru the splitter.

Now connect your ordinary speakers to headphone out and buy a basic standalone mic and plug it into mic port.
This way you will not need to use in-ear or over the ear headphones and you can comfortably work with both simultaneously. Adjust the volumes so that they do not listen back!

Disclaimer – This trick generally works but can not say it’s always 100%, you are trying it out.

*www.amazon.in/Sounce-Headphones-Sp...032&sprefix=headphone+mic+spli,aps,183&sr=8-4

Image Source - Amazon.in

Attachments

• splitter.png
    splitter.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom