archiving databases off websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
you must have gotten spam several times offering cds of all importers, exporters , distributors of stuff like oil, pulses...etc..etc ......(just an example) . there are several sites which host the addresses, contacts of these guys and the spammers lift it from there to make a compiled collection of atleast most of the particular data available on the internet. now i was wondering how these guys "lift" the data from the websites and make a database. do they:

1. use the tedious copy-paste method- which would take really long.

2. or is there some software/freeware which lifts all the concerned data( like only contacts, addresses) from the site and generates a database.

i want to know bout 2. note i am not asking of h4cking the websites. since the contacts are hosted ,which anyways can be stored in a database using 1(and is hence legal) there must be some techinique of performing 2 which is much faster and is ofcourse legal cause its only a simpler version of 1.

any of you know of something like this?

swatkat

Technomancer
ok..here goes....
they dont use copy-paste method, it' too tedious for spammers too!!

they use programs refered as email extractors which r like search-bots or crawlers which crawls over web and collect e-mail addresses.....

they also use Bulk mailers to send mails to these addresses simultaneously....

many of these programs r freewares/adwares supported by suspicious looking companies like Radiate/Auriate.....
find more info here....
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14244&highlight=

OP
L

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
hi swatkat..........you got me wrong dude. im not talking bout generating email addresses for spamming. check out this link *www.earam.com/earam/forsale.asp?o=1

now you see the list of different people offering stuff related to polymers like PVC etc all around the world right? collecting such information from various other PVC related websites and entering it into say MS excel and selling it is what a lot of spammers rely on and it sells. a lot of people at least in india either dont know to google what they need or they know its a long process gathering so much information and then filtering it according to their needs. you get me? this is a business of selling information itself.

now the thing is that my dad has asked to me collect specific information for his business....related to PVC itself. so i wanted to know if the wesites who host such info, do they have it stored in a database so i could somehow just download their database or is their any shorter way to gather this information than to just copy paste.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You're looking for online business directories, like this one:

*dir.indiamart.com/indianexporters/plastic-pipes.html

You can find tons of business directories online. Just Google for it.

OP
L

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
enoonmai said:
you can find tons of business directories online. Just Google for it.
dude i ve already done that........the problem is that i have found a lot of online directories and my dad wants me to enter everything in a database which would take a hell lot of time if i copy paste each and every entry.

im not looking for more online directories. i am asking you guys if you know of any special archiving software which can give me all the entries in a database itself .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom