Apple releases some WWDC details

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Found at neowin

Apple has announced some of the details regarding its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which is three months away. This year’s event is expected to top last year’s numbers: developers from 45 countries and more than 4,000 attendees. When asked why there was no mention of the iPhone, Ron Okamoto, Apple's vice president of worldwide developer relations, replied: "We've announced it's releasing in June, and we're not saying anymore about it." Set to be held in San Francisco from June 11-15, the agenda boasts over 100 sessions in six technology tracks:
  • Leopard Innovations. Transform your application with powerful new Mac OS X Leopard technologies.
  • Mac OS X Essentials. Learn the essential ingredients needed to build world-class products for Mac OS X.
  • Developer Tools. Reach new levels of productivity using ground-breaking development tools.
  • Information Technologies. Learn to use, develop for, integrate, and manage Mac OS X Leopard and Mac OS X Leopard Server.
  • Graphics and Imaging. Add advanced audio, video, imaging, and graphics capabilities to your application.
  • Content and Media. Learn best practices for production and development of rich-media for desktop, devices and the Apple has announced some of the details regarding its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which is three months away. This year’s event is expected to top last year’s numbers: developers from 45 countries and more than 4,000 attendees. When asked why there was no mention of the iPhone, Ron Okamoto, Apple's vice president of worldwide developer relations, replied: "We've announced it's releasing in June, and we're not saying anymore about it." Set to be held in San Francisco from June 11-15, the agenda boasts over 100 sessions in six technology tracks:
    • Leopard Innovations. Transform your application with powerful new Mac OS X Leopard technologies.
    • Mac OS X Essentials. Learn the essential ingredients needed to build world-class products for Mac OS X.
    • Developer Tools. Reach new levels of productivity using ground-breaking development tools.
    • Information Technologies. Learn to use, develop for, integrate, and manage Mac OS X Leopard and Mac OS X Leopard Server.
    • Graphics and Imaging. Add advanced audio, video, imaging, and graphics capabilities to your application.
    • Content and Media. Learn best practices for production and development of rich-media for desktop, devices and the

hmm....why does it sounds so familier to Windows Presentation foundation, .net 3.0 & Avlon :D. I must be dreaming for apple saying the same thing MS said while developing longhorn few years ago. Anyway, it's good to see Apple relesing there own IDE & APIs insted of relying on Open Source applications & code base developement. (Cocoa is nothing compared to .net or JAVA or eclipse)

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@gx.. dat was quite informative...
but missing sumthing..
ohh yeah.. where r the macboyz???

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Macboys must have given there Macs for repair after updating to OS X update 10.4.9 :D. Too bad they can't fix software problems themselves like we PC users do & have to wait till it gets back after repair.

Off track : My DVD writer vanished from "My computer" yesterday. All i did was to shutdown the computer, open the cabinet, pull out the plugs & insert it again. Simple.....but it can't be done in an iMac or Mac mini or macbook :D

(issued in public interest)

aku

Gonna make it BiG
^ right said... moreova the intel imac manual discourages u to open the imac cabinet.. all you can do (without authorized tech support).. is .. u can change the ram modules...

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Misinformation breeds Misinformation.

Any one can open up any Mac computer. There is no seal or anything. Apple's policy is simple: You can open up your computer, but if you break something, they're not responsible. I've opened up my Mac Mini more than a couple of times. My Superdrive was acting up, so I decided to check it myself. After ensuring that the cabling was alright, I called up AppleCare. My details were forwarded to the Apple Service Center. I took it to the service center, and I got the SuperDrive replaced within 30 minutes.

In short, open up your Mac as much as you can. Just don't break anything. ;)

@akuCracker- How do you propose to change RAM modules without opening the case?

(Issued in the interest of rational, sane and intelligent human beings)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Macboys must have given there Macs for repair after updating to OS X update 10.4.9 . Too bad they can't fix software problems themselves like we PC users do & have to wait till it gets back after repair.

Off track : My DVD writer vanished from "My computer" yesterday. All i did was to shutdown the computer, open the cabinet, pull out the plugs & insert it again. Simple.....but it can't be done in an iMac or Mac mini or macbook

Talk about Mac users being smug....

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
mail2and said:

Any one can open up any Mac computer. There is no seal or anything. Apple's policy is simple: You can open up your computer, but if you break something, they're not responsible. I've opened up my Mac Mini more than a couple of times. My Superdrive was acting up, so I decided to check it myself. After ensuring that the cabling was alright, I called up AppleCare. My details were forwarded to the Apple Service Center. I took it to the service center, and I got the SuperDrive replaced within 30 minutes.

In short, open up your Mac as much as you can. Just don't break anything. ;)

(Issued in the interest of rational, sane and intelligent human beings)

Isn't there a sticker on Mac "Warrenty voids if seal is broken" :rolleyes:

goobimama

 Macboy
No stickers here Mr. gx...No stickers... At least I haven't seen any. Maybe there are some inside, but I haven't gone in there...

aku

Gonna make it BiG

@mail2and.. im not very much sure abt mac mini.. but i guess there is a small memory access door (im takin abt the intel imacs) by opening which u can change the ram modules. opening a small panel and opening the cabinet isnt the same..
more ova. the manual sayz..

"WARNING: Apple recommends that you have an Apple-certified technician install memory."

and more..

"WARNING: Do not attempt to open your imac except to install memory. ... Your iMac doesnt have any user-servicaeble parts, except the memory."

lolLLLL...! but i guess.. our pcs are havin user servicaeble parts.

SO BUDDY.. WHOZ MISINFORMED OVA HEA?..
moreova.. i aint makin all diz warnings all by myself.. get yourslf informed abt all diz.. the apple manual clearly statez all diz... alteast go thru the manual! lol

(Issued in the interest of well informed human beings)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
akuCRACKER said:
SO BUDDY.. WHOZ MISINFORMED OVA HEA?..
moreova.. i aint makin all diz warnings all by myself.. get yourslf informed abt all diz.. the apple manual clearly statez all diz... alteast go thru the manual! lol

(Issued in the interest of well informed human beings)

<bad grammar>The apple MaNuAL also duzn't statez dat you can't open ur Mac. SO BUDDy, get yourslf informed about all diz..</bad grammar>

Duh. Get over it. Open your Mac as much as you want. I opened it a few times, and got my Mac repaired from an authorised service center without any issues. Those warnings exist because it is Apple's responsibility to inform the joe user about the computer. It's also a legal thing that absolves Apple from any damage that may occur because of the opening of a computer.

It's better than the Zeniths and Dells of this world, who have large 'Warranty void if seal broken' stickers all over their computers.

<bad grammar>But, diz diz what duz I no..lol!</bad grammar>

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Isn't there a sticker on Mac "Warrenty voids if seal is broken" :rolleyes:
No, there isn't any sticker that says "Warrenty voids if seal is broken". And that is not very surprising because everyone at Apple knows how to write grammatically correct sentences and most students who have crossed the fifth standard know how to spell "W-A-R-R-A-N-T-Y". :lol:

And there are no stickers on any Mac, not even ones that say that there is "Intel Inside", or that it is "Mac OS X capable" or advertising the fact that it has a 500 GB hard drive. LOL!

akuCRACKER, whenever you buy a branded computer, you will find a manual with it that has the same sort of disclaimers and warnings, be it from any vendor. No vendor encourages you to open up the computer and fiddle with it.

And I do know one fact, installing extra memory on a Mac is far easier than on normal PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.