Apple iphone 5 Is Finally Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Disappointed.. Larger Screen and faster processor was expected.. and yes iPod's were interesting.

BTW the panorama mode was hidden inside 4S when it was released.. I remember reading that is some tech blog

252566_415061098540988_1827995626_n.jpg
lol...iPhone 5 has sprung troll artists into action!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
iPhones have excellent built quality... The only real competitor in that field could be Nokia with its Lumia series... and maybe Sony...

Samsung built quality is mediocre at best... LG is crap... HTC is bankrupt...

A phone with a built quality of an iPhone with Jelly Bean would be a super hit...

randomuser111

Technomancer
iPhones have excellent built quality... The only real competitor in that field could be Nokia with its Lumia series... and maybe Sony...

Samsung built quality is mediocre at best... LG is crap... HTC is bankrupt...

A phone with a built quality of an iPhone with Jelly Bean would be a super hit...

It sure maybe built of high quality materials but that is not the only thing that comprises "build quality". All those high quality materials are no good when the phone itself is a delicate darling.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Meh, I'd go with the new Lumia if I had to choose from closed ecosystems. 10 times better phone.

R2K

In the Zone
Cam and the bigger screen are the only new stuff with iphone 5.
Faster processor? For what?
iphones can't get anymore faster than it is already with 4S i think.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Cam and the bigger screen are the only new stuff with iphone 5.
Faster processor? For what?
iphones can't get anymore faster than it is already with 4S i think.

It comes with iOS 6 with A6 processor and apple said it would be 2x better than iphone 4S.

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Definitely not a trend setter. Apple is now doing catching up to newer standards, they were once setting standards.

No HD and NFC for iPhone 5. When HTC and Hauwei and the likes can do, why can't Apple?
Because NFC and HD will be the selling feature for iPhone 5s.

Flash

Lost in speed
So, iPhone5 is just a Extended-edition-of-iPhone-4S?
We can call it, iPhone 4GS then!!

Definitely not a trend setter. Apple is now doing catching up to newer standards, they were once setting standards.

No HD and NFC for iPhone 5. When HTC and Hauwei and the likes can do, why can't Apple?
Because NFC and HD will be the selling feature for iPhone 5s.

NFC is not a possibility now.
By that time, Apple will come up with iPhone 10 for NFC.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
"Nobody needs NFC" :lol:
"Nobody Needs FM Radio" :lol:

I recalled a Apple fanboy spoof video :p

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^

So dude when are you buying your Iphone 5?

Definitely! But I'm worrying about late launch in India. According to rumors it would be launch before diwali (13 november) :?
People are saying it has not HD display, but it seems okay for me though it has 4" screen now with same retina display 326 ppi.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^
Import it dude !

Btw what about Nano Sim ? What will you do about that?
If there was no nano sim compatibility in new iphone 5. I would definitely order it from abroad. Now I have no options other than to wait for the release in India. I guess airtel and vodafone will provide with nano sim in India.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ lol yea.. nano sim is thinner than micro/standard sim :p , he will have to scrape a few layers off the sim

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^^ lol yea.. nano sim is thinner than micro/standard sim :p , he will have to scrape a few layers off the sim

why manufacturers are providing smaller and smaller slots for the SIM? Regular SIM was small enough, now it is as small as micro SD card.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
why manufacturers are providing smaller and smaller slots for the SIM? Regular SIM was small enough, now it is as small as micro SD card.
most for space saving on PCB.. on mobile phones, couple of millimeter of space is a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom