Anyone using Cedega

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
I was trying to run Battlefield 1942 using Cedega on Ubuntu 8.04 laptop. Everything installs absolutely fine but the game doenst start at all. I have installed the 1.4 patch as directed Cedega, but no luck it still doesnt work.

Its strange because i am able to run other options like register, Battlefield 1942 server etc which appear in the installation directory. Its the game which doesnt load at all. I have tried creating a new shortcut with all the correct properties for the game but the game doesnt load up at all.

Hope someone helps me out on this..!

For ubuntu, best thing for games which is free is Play on Linux since its n00b friendly.

CEDGA and company are nothing more than forks of Wine which were made propiatary when Wine was still under BSDL (the reason why people hate BSDL is that anyone can steal your code).

CEDGA can have better performance at times, but its almost as expensive as windows itself.

For ubuntu, best thing for games which is free is Play on Linux since its n00b friendly.

CEDGA and company are nothing more than forks of Wine which were made propiatary when Wine was still under BSDL (the reason why people hate BSDL is that anyone can steal your code).

CEDGA can have better performance at times, but its almost as expensive as windows itself.

OP
GigaHeartz

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
Try installing it over Wine. It sometimes runs games which Cedga can't. That's all I can say.
Wine was a pain in the behind to install and i still couldnt get it working. The game gets stuck at its intro logo forever. You have to manually end the bf1942 process in order to end it.

OP
GigaHeartz

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track

The question here is not whether i should choose between cedega and wine. I have cedega already and i just want to install on the game on top of it. Have you tried it anytime before?..

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Cedega isn't really worth it IMHO, but yes it can play few games which I couldn't get with WINE eg. F1 2001.
However WINE is Great and POL is a nice front end.

I recommend either use WINE or Windows for playing games not Cedega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom