Any good downloadable OCR software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkat

Technomancer
Best OCR software is ABBY Fine Reader and then there r OmniPage etc.....
if u want Free OCRs, there r some like SimpleOCR...
*download.abbyy.com/content/default.aspx
*www.simpleocr.com/Info.asp
*www.scansoft.com/omnipage/

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
will this OCRs work with all scaners?? or they work with only certain models?? & can i will be able to convert a pre scaned (*.jpg) doc in to text??

swatkat

Technomancer
they work with all scanners....and for ur second question, i think u will be able to convert it, though i have not done it......

tuxfan

Technomancer
You need to scan @ at least 300 dpi to OCR an image. So if the jpg is scanned at that resolution, any software can work.

hikapil

Journeyman
Hi ABBYY fine reader is the best ever and ever software for OCR.

Yah It works with all types of scanners.

It can convert .Jpg to doc, but the image file should be of high resolution say about 300 dpi or More.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
finereader is THE best OCR s/w ever...no competition whatsoever.....it even scans and converts tables as is in word documents and excel sheets..try scanning a newspaper clipping and u'll find that finereader even creates frames and adjusts the words....its a must try...

btw.....all u need for the OCR s/w to work properly is to install the scanner s/w and driver....the OCR s/w will automatically detect it and use it to scan...

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
fine reader and abby were given by most mags , chip given abby in this months issue
@cheetah : did u get a s/w cd package along with ur scanner ?

another q : isnt it important to have the pictures in 300 dpi (as stated above) and have it as black and white too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom