Any better Internet Security other than NIS?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I am used with NIS for last 3 years, I like the software very much. But currently it's giving me some incompatibility problems with some latest browsers. Thus I am asking is there any better Internet security available other than Norton? I know Norton is very best at it's job, but still? I was searching and found Kaspersky Pure, how about that?
Please keep in mind that the Safeness is my first and above all priority, Memory usage and other things aren't any concern at all :)

Thanks in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My personal favorite is this combo :

Avira Antivir free + Comodo firewall + MalkwareBytes Anti malware and some common sense about what site to visit and what and from where to download ;-)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you need a full suite, then Eset Smart Security is the way to go. Very very light and firewall is basic + hassle-free unlike Comodo and KIS.

And NOD32's virus detection is at the same level of Avira AntiVir. Both are the best AntiVirus softwares which I've ever used.

Lastly, KIS > NIS - but I don't prefer either of them. Too much off hassle running them. Personally, I only use Avira AntiVir Free. Nothing else.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I suggest Avast Internet Security

simply wastage of money.

Avast sucks now-a-days. Avira+Comodo FW will do for me....

best free.

If you need a full suite, then Eset Smart Security is the way to go. Very very light and firewall is basic + hassle-free unlike Comodo and KIS.

And NOD32's virus detection is at the same level of Avira AntiVir. Both are the best AntiVirus softwares which I've ever used.

Lastly, KIS > NIS - but I don't prefer either of them. Too much off hassle running them. Personally, I only use Avira AntiVir Free. Nothing else.

:agreed:

if you are will to spend some ca$h then buy Kaspersky internet security suite 2010 or 2011
Kis 2010/11.

not :agreed:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I am confused between Avira+Comodo and Eset now ! I'll buy one, will only use a trial version before buying to see how it performs :)

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Bitdefender is a good AV and is my second choice after Avira
No bugs like Avast or not too intensive like Kapersky
But scan speeds are Average at best
I find it hard to recommend anything other than Avira Free+Comodo nowadays
Comodo Firewall has gotten way better and the Export Settings option works like a charm

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Is Windows 7 firewall not enuf....
& when using comodo firewall do we have to turn off the windows firewall?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
it will be turned off automatically
in my case i disabled the windows firewall and windows defender from services

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ AVG free is just a Antivirus but OP has asked for a complete Internet Security Suite and moreover he is willing to pay for it - so it's better to try out Internet Security Suite by AVG and the other alternatives ;-)

Top Bottom