Another 35k PC Thread

Artemis

The Last Puff
Selling my MacBook Pro!

So here we go!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming, Movies

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35k, can extend to 40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7, Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB or if I have to cheap out so as to accommodate a better GPU, 500GB will do.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Will need at least a 22". If possible can go for 24"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Will not be buying speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 15 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be building it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I really want a high-end GPU. Willing to cheap out on the procc. Can I fit in a 7850?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Fx 6300-rs 7300
gigabyte ga-970A-DS3-rs 5200
gskil ripjaws x 4gb(1600 mhz) -rs 2500
gigabyte hd 7770-rs 8000
WD blue 500 gb-rs 3000
asus 24b5st odd -rs 1000
antec vp450p-rs 2600
nzxt gamma-rs 2500
dell s2240l-rs 8500
lenovo m6811 mouse-rs 650
logitech keyboard-rs 300
apc 600va ups-rs 2200

Last edited:
OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
The build has overshot my budget by a sweetk 3k. :(

I am sorry but could you please help me out in getting it under 40k. My budget is 35k but I really can't spend so much right now.

Are Optical Drives necessary or can the installation be done over USB? If so I can skip the optical drive.

And how much doest the 7850 retail for? I can skimp out on the procc. for it. If it doesn't drastically affect the performance.

okay so I did a little bit of snooping around and it seems the 7790 is the best bang for the buck for me.

Any possible way I can fit it into the budget?

Thanks for your time!

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can reduce some by going for HD 7750 @ 7K (from Sapphire). I don't think you should compromise much on other components. But if you really can't spend extra money then, get this motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3 @ 3.8K (GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-78LMT-USB3)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
The build has overshot my budget by a sweetk 3k. :(

I am sorry but could you please help me out in getting it under 40k. My budget is 35k but I really can't spend so much right now.

Fx 6300-rs 7300
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-78LMT-USB3-rs 3800
gskil ripjaws x 4gb(1600 mhz) -rs 2500
gigabyte hd 7770-rs 8000
WD blue 500 gb-rs 3000
antec vp450p-rs 2600
nzxt gamma-rs 2500
dell s2240l-rs 8500
generic keyboard & mouse - rs 500
apc 600va ups-rs 2200

get these at any cost. Do some bargaining.

Are Optical Drives necessary or can the installation be done over USB? If so I can skip the optical drive.

you can install via USB. so skip odd for now

And how much doest the 7850 retail for?
atleast rs 13500

I can skimp out on the procc. for it. If it doesn't drastically affect the performance.
very bad idea. Get the best core components first.Other things can be upgraded later.

okay so I did a little bit of snooping around and it seems the 7790 is the best bang for the buck for me.
you may have to increase your budget.

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
okay. Thank you for your inputs!

I think I won't buy the GPU first, will get it later when I can save up some more. Probably will go for the 7790 then.

Now just waiting to sell the damn laptop off!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
okay. Thank you for your inputs!

I think I won't buy the GPU first, will get it later when I can save up some more. Probably will go for the 7790 then.

Now just waiting to sell the damn laptop off!
then consider getting FX 8320/fx 8350 along with asus m5a97 evo r2.0.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, neither any FX series Processor, nor any AMD 9XX chipset based motherboard come with any Integrated Graphics. So with FX series, you have to have a dedicated GPU, just for getting display output.

Top Bottom