Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

flyingcow

Shibe
guys please suggest some animes i have some free time
i want to watch animes made after 2010, action etc..
slice of life works too,
thank
you.
very
much..

Gary M

Broken In
guys please suggest some animes i have some free time
i want to watch animes made after 2010, action etc..
slice of life works too,
thank
you.
very
much..

:facepalm: I had a whole list here before reading your post again and this is what I came up with for after 2010

Please note: Dates are picked up from when the anime was released or much rather the first episode aired and has no connection with the manga (which was probably released much earlier than when the anime was made) at all. Information is from wikipedia.

Here are the 4 anime I've watched among others that came out after 2010.

1) Ano Natsu de Matteru (2012)

*www.geekyuniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Konachan.com-130168-ano_natsu_de_matteru-kitahara_mio-takatsuki_ichika-tanigawa_kanna-yamano_remon.jpg

( This one was very interesting in particular, extremely similar to Onegai Teacher with an extremely enhanced take on the emotion they put in it. Beautiful really. )

2) Tari Tari (2012)

*www.emptyblue.it/data/wallpaper/TariTari/tari_tari_551.jpg

( This is primarily about singing and has very little (if any at all) romance in it (which i didn't pick up). It has a lot of values in regards to determination and the power of friendship. It was good to watch )

3) Kimi to Boku S1.(2011) / S2.(2012)

*kiddtic.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/kimi-to-boku.jpg

( More on the Slice of Life side and friendship is one of the nicest I've ever seen, for me (which may be different according to what you like) it was pretty amazing. I'm planning on watching it again seeing as a second season was released )

4) Shingeki no Kyojin (2013)

*fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/124/4/e/shingeki_no_kyojin_wallpaper_by_redeye27-d641v3r.jpg

( Extremely famous, sorry for putting it on my list if you know it and it's not at all slice of life. I think fantasy maybe, but since I don't know as many for slice of life after 2010 and seeing how I absolutely loved it, I thought you (hoping you don't know it) might love it to. It's about humans taking back their right to live fighting abnormal monsters. I'd hear this and loose interest but trust me it's worth it! Just watch the first 4 episodes. (" if you don't know it ") )

Hope you like them

Last edited:

flyingcow

Shibe
:facepalm: I had a whole list here before reading your post again and this is what I came up with for after 2010

Please note: Dates are picked up from when the anime was released or much rather the first episode aired and has no connection with the manga (which was probably released much earlier than when the anime was made) at all. Information is from wikipedia.

Here are the 4 anime I've watched among others that came out after 2010.

1) Ano Natsu de Matteru (2012)

( This one was very interesting in particular, extremely similar to Onegai Teacher with an extremely enhanced take on the emotion they put in it. Beautiful really. )

2) Tari Tari (2012)
( Extremely famous, sorry for putting it on my list if you know it and it's not at all slice of life. I think fantasy maybe, but since I don't know as many for slice of life after 2010 and seeing how I absolutely loved it, I thought you (hoping you don't know it) might love it to. It's about humans taking back their right to live fighting abnormal monsters. I'd hear this and loose interest but trust me it's worth it! Just watch the first 4 episodes. (" if you don't know it ") )

Hope you like them
thanks for your suggestions, watched attack on titan already, liked it..
i will check out kimi to boku..
and are there any good action/fantasy anime post 2010, doesnt have to be post 2010, i just want good animation and artwork post..
i have watched SAO, loved it but abandoned it after ep 16..(after elf hiem)
thanks for your suggestion again

flyingcow

Shibe
^ please also share your list for before 2010
very few,
these are the ones i like
death note
Naruto
Full metal alchemist
kuroko no basuke
and many more which i partially watchedbut liked
DBZ
hellsing
chinpokomon, one piece, and many more but i cant recall them

- - - Updated - - -

watched kimi to boku, hahahah its so funny :D

Piyush

Lanaya
[MENTION=277977]Gary M[/MENTION]
I'm new to mecha genre. If you happen to watch those ones too, care to recommend some in a way that its easy to grasp for a newbie?
I have only watched Code Geass

RBX

In the zone
@Gary M
I'm new to mecha genre. If you happen to watch those ones too, care to recommend some in a way that its easy to grasp for a newbie?

I think the only mecha anime I have watched with interest is Tiger & Bunny. I think Ghost in the Shell too is a bit mecha (watched it too long ago, so don't remember much), going to rewatch it in a few days.

snap

Lurker
Gurren lagann is a great anime and is of mecha genre.

- - - Updated - - -

I never watched this but this sounds pretty great mecha anime Bokurano: Ours - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
did somebody say mecha?

Watch Transformers Unicron Trilogy, Gundam series (there are a lot of them), Gurren Lagann.

- - - Updated - - -

I may go on a downloading spree again :D

Piyush

Lanaya
I think the only mecha anime I have watched with interest is Tiger & Bunny. I think Ghost in the Shell too is a bit mecha (watched it too long ago, so don't remember much), going to rewatch it in a few days.
Have heard a lot about Ghost in the shell , will try.
Gurren lagann is a great anime and is of mecha genre.
On the list then, thanks.
did somebody say mecha?

Watch Transformers Unicron Trilogy, Gundam series (there are a lot of them), Gurren Lagann.

- - - Updated - - -

I may go on a downloading spree again :D

Gundam series is like..... "I may either watch this series or do other normal day to day work" in the sense that its so huge in terms of seasons, OVAs, movies and stuff.
PS: The only thing I know about Gundam series is that its very big

Gary M

Broken In
and are there any good action/fantasy anime post 2010, doesnt have to be post 2010, i just want good animation and artwork post..

I don't know what your accepting level of good artwork in animation is, What I do is I go to youtube and catch a quick trailer to determine if the graphics are acceptable for me. But this only happens when the anime description doesn't woe me. I guess you'll do the same. Anything I've had doubts about I ended up watching anyway because of the addictive script and how the story panned out.

[MENTION=277977]Gary M[/MENTION]

To be absolutely honest the only Anime's i've seen that weren't Slice of Life / Highschool ... etc were Bleach (LOVED IT/UPSET IT ENDED) and Shingeki no Kyojin (LOVED IT/UPSET THEY WON'T MAKE A SECOND SEASON).

So I think the others can help with Mecha type Anime

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION],if you can watch old series then watch the first 2 gundam series mobile suit gundam 0079 & its sequel mobile suit zeta gundam.both are considered by most as the finest gundam series.all gundam series after them contain some inspiration from these 2 series.if you don't like watching old series then watch more recent mobile suit gundam seed but do not watch its sequel gundam seed destiny.i haven't watched latest gundam series so wait for others but in my opinion these 3 series(especially the first 2) are enough.

Piyush

Lanaya
To be absolutely honest the only Anime's i've seen that weren't Slice of Life / Highschool ... etc were Bleach (LOVED IT/UPSET IT ENDED) and Shingeki no Kyojin (LOVED IT/UPSET THEY WON'T MAKE A SECOND SEASON).

So I think the others can help with Mecha type Anime
Hmm... thanks anyways. I'll get back to you for SoL anime
[MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION],if you can watch old series then watch the first 2 gundam series mobile suit gundam 0079 & its sequel mobile suit zeta gundam.both are considered by most as the finest gundam series.all gundam series after them contain some inspiration from these 2 series.if you don't like watching old series then watch more recent mobile suit gundam seed but do not watch its sequel gundam seed destiny.i haven't watched latest gundam series so wait for others but in my opinion these 3 series(especially the first 2) are enough.

Ok I will try Mobile suit Gundam then . Ty

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
copied from somewhere on the internet:

WANT TO KNOW THE ORDER TO WATCH GUNDAM? HERE YOU GO.............
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam Movie I
Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow
Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space
The Impression of First Gundam (has never been released on DVD, so you won't find it)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (hasn't been released yet)
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2: Gravity Front
Gundam: Mission To The Rise
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - Miller's Report
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 - War in the Pocket
All That Gundam (hasn't got an English dub or sub yet)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: The Last Blitz of Zeon
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam I: Heir to the Stars
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam II: Lovers
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam III: Love is the Pulse of the Stars
Gundam Neo Experience 0087 - Neo Drivers (never released on DVD because it was a combination of animation and CG projected on three screens simultaneously, so you won't find it)
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Mobile Suit SD Gundam Festival (hasn't been subbed or dubbed yet)
Mobile Suit SD Gundam's Counterattack: The Storm-Calling School Festival
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (only episode 1-3 have been released yet)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Mobile Suit SD Gundam
Mobile Suit SD Gundam Mk-II (episode 2 hasn't been subbed or dubbed yet)
Mobile Suit SD Gundam SD Warring States (sequel to Mk-II)
Mobile Suit SD Gundam Mk-IV (sequel to SD Warring States)
Mobile Suit SD Gundam Mk-V (sequel to Mk-V, only episode 1 has been subbed)
Mobile Suit SD Gundam's Counterattack: SD Warring States: The Chapter of the Violent Final Sky Castle
Mobile Suit SD Gundam Sidestory
Chou Denei-ban SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors (hasn't been subbed or dubbed yet)
SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor (subs or dubs can't be found anywhere online)
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Movie
After War Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Turn A Gundam I: Earth Light
Turn A Gundam II: Moonlight Butterfly
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Special Edition I: The Empty Battlefield
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Special Edition II: The Far-Away Dawn
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Special Edition Final Act: The Rumbling Sky
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED MSV ASTRAY
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Final Plus: The Chosen Future
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition I: The Broken World
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition II: Respective Swords
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition III: The Hell Fire of Destiny
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition Final Act: The Cost of Freedom
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Stargazer
SD Gundam Musha, Knight, Commando (hasn't been subbed or dubbed yet)
Gundam Evolve
Superior Defender Gundam Force
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (the tv special hasn't been dubbed or subbed yet)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition I - Celestial Being
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 2nd Season
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition II - End of World
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition III - Return the World
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (hasn't been released yet)

Top Bottom