Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

icebags

Technomancer
Ah man. I feel like that one delay in telecast killed the joy. We were left at cliff hanger on episode 8 and then because of the delay I was even more excited to watch the episode but then the episode felt like it got over in 5mins. Really, that's all the fun I had. This was for most of the episodes. Hypes too much at the end of episodes, next episode has only 2 mins of content which audience wanted to see after a week of wait. The episodes were good. Garou character was actually more fun to watch and felt like had more screen time than Saitama. Ending should have been better? Or at least they should showed one super fight of Saitama. Not just one punch, man.
mid season breaks are more common i guess, i are to be expected every now and then. i kinda liked gaoru too, but this anime theme goes like, the villains get their build up time for babling, they get lots of highlight, then then they meet saitama, they get crushed in a second, with single punch, like a bug. that is the sarcastic theme or concept, whatever u say.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Read the manga then.
After finishing the anime I did start the manga but I won't go beyond the chapters which are same as Season 2 ending because I just like the animation more and want to see the animated series spoiler free. Or you mean to say the anime has different ending than manga??

mid season breaks are more common i guess, i are to be expected every now and then. i kinda liked gaoru too, but this anime theme goes like, the villains get their build up time for babling, they get lots of highlight, then then they meet saitama, they get crushed in a second, with single punch, like a bug. that is the sarcastic theme or concept, whatever u say.
I get the main theme, which is actually a parody of super hero stories but I liked season 1 more, we did see Saitama in more action and the jokes were better too. To me, the series had more talk for entire episode, then 2 mins of real action after a wait of 1 week. Only exception was last few episodes. May be next time I will watch series only after all the episodes are out.

Also, anyone following Kimetsu No Yaiba? This is surprising! I didn't expect anything from the series and started it randomly. But it is turning out to be one of the well made and most entertaining anime. Same was for Dororo with its unique story, I haven't seen this story in anime before.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
After finishing the anime I did start the manga but I won't go beyond the chapters which are same as Season 2 ending because I just like the animation more and want to see the animated series spoiler free. Or you mean to say the anime has different ending than manga??
No, both are same. I didn't like this season's opening song though. Nothing can replace first season's opening song.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Some sad news:
33 dead after arson attack at Kyoto Animation studio, dozens injured - The Mainichi

An arson attack at a Kyoto Animation studio on the morning of July 18 has left 33 people dead, police and firefighters said, making it the worst such attack in Japan in decades.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^this is really sad news. The police is yet to question him according to reports.

Latest reports say the man is not a former employee - but eyewitnesses say he appeared to be angry with the animation studio.

They said he ran away from the building towards a nearby train station after the fire started but fell to the ground. Some reports said he was pursued by employees of Kyoto Animation.

"A person with singed hair was lying down and there were bloody footprints," a 59-year-old woman living nearby told news agency Kyodo.

"He seemed to be in pain, irritated and suffering, but also angry as if he was resentful. I heard him saying something like 'you copied it'," a neighbour said.

Arson attack at Japan anime studio kills 26

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Finished One Punch Man S2. Garou looks like Vegeta from DBZ. King rumble :lol:. Animation quality dropped this season. Even the OP consists of still frames with just panning/zooming/rotation, no actual animation. Same problem with Food Wars. On the other hand fanservice content increased - blizzard, tornado, dominatrix...

A long episode where Garou beats up heroes left and right. And then suddenly,

Saitama: Oh hey, I finally found you. I've been looking for you.
Garou: [thinking] Reinforcements? Is he a hero too? I've never seen him before. Must be some nameless bottom-ranker. He's probably trying to catch me so he can climb up the ranks. Well I'll strike first.
[Garou does a chop attack on Saitama's shoulder]
[ground shatters]
Saitama: Huh? What's the big idea? Who the hell are you? You trying to rob me? Don't interfere with my shopping.
[Saitama' does a chop attack on Garou's shoulder]
[Garou faints]
Saitama: [shopping] Excuse me, can I get this.
Shopkeeper: That'll be 3000 yen.
Saitama: That's sorta expensive.

The way Saitama talks (the japanese VA) is just :lol:

icebags

Technomancer
A long episode where Garou beats up heroes left and right. And then suddenly,

Saitama: Oh hey, I finally found you. I've been looking for you.
Garou: [thinking] Reinforcements? Is he a hero too? I've never seen him before. Must be some nameless bottom-ranker. He's probably trying to catch me so he can climb up the ranks. Well I'll strike first.
[Garou does a chop attack on Saitama's shoulder]
[ground shatters]
Saitama: Huh? What's the big idea? Who the hell are you? You trying to rob me? Don't interfere with my shopping.
[Saitama' does a chop attack on Garou's shoulder]
[Garou faints]
Saitama: [shopping] Excuse me, can I get this.
Shopkeeper: That'll be 3000 yen.
Saitama: That's sorta expensive.

The way Saitama talks (the japanese VA) is just :lol:

those type of conversations and turn of events actual jewel part of OPM. some people work hard for their whole life, they get a lot of attention, dialogues and screentime. but, in the end, it doesn't even matter..... :lol:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Rewatching Air Gear. Can't believe I saw this on TV back when I was a kid. I guess it was the censored version. Don't remember most of it but remember the soundtrack and the ED.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Anime Name : Given
I don't know if anyone is watching here, but among all the popular airing animes, there's one series which isn't the usual Harem story. It has all the tense of drama and romance but with a hint of Comedy. So far the current MAL rating is apt according to me.
En en Shoubotai, Kimetsu No Yaiba and Vinland Saga are the most gripping animes so far of this season.

Also, recently I saw Bakemono No Ko movie, I was awestruck by the animation quality! Must watch anime movie.

Top Bottom