1. Budget?
25-28K (Not more than that)

2. Display type and size?
Size : 4.7" and above

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
BAR

4. Preferred choice of brand?
HTC,SONY. No samsung.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
TOUCH

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
8MP and above, Just for casual snaps.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
ANDROID ONLY

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G, WIFI.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
--
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia,Gaming,Internet.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
HTC ONE X+(16GB or 64GB),SONY XPERIA SP

12. Any other info that you want to share

* For those who are suggesting XPERIA SP - whats the cons and pros of SP over X+.
* Is the dual core of SP equal or powerful that Quad Core of One X+'s ?
* And I always wanted to buy NEXUS 4 - but since there is no warranty - IT's A BIG NO FOR THAT.
* I have heard abt rooting and custom ROMS and will be trying it,so is there amble dev support for ONE X+.

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
Well I'd say s4 pro is the go-to chip don't judge by the number of cores the snapdragon should be able to match if not outperform tht tegra 3.
About one x+ development - there's plenty for the take look here
*forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1818

vpower

Broken In
* For those who are suggesting XPERIA SP - whats the cons and pros of SP over X+.
Xperia SP over One x+:

• Newer generation processor-S4 pro
  • better Battery backup
  • far better Graphics- Adreno 320
  • Micro SD card slot + dedicated camera key
  • Price: 25K vs 29K for One X+
  • fresher design (personal view)

One X+ over Xperia SP
  • SP is new and un-tested,xda dev support will take some time
  • Camera quality (as per early hands-on) of SP < One X+
  • also better front cam-1.6MP vs VGA
  • Better screen viewing angles (if it matters to you)

* Is the dual core of SP equal or powerful that Quad Core of One X+'s ?
Yes. Check Xperia L/SP thread for randomuser's post of benchmarks.
It's simple: SP has next-gen dual core processor+superior GPU combo that wins over last year's quad core One X+.

OP
Sudh4r

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Yes I was comparing the BENCHMARK results b/w SP and ONE X+, SP was ahead of X+ in almost all the result.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Xperia SP over One x+:

• Newer generation processor-S4 pro
  • better Battery backup
  • far better Graphics- Adreno 320
  • Micro SD card slot + dedicated camera key
  • Price: 25K vs 29K for One X+
  • fresher design (personal view)

One X+ over Xperia SP
  • SP is new and un-tested,xda dev support will take some time
  • Camera quality (as per early hands-on) of SP < One X+
  • also better front cam-1.6MP vs VGA
  • Better screen viewing angles (if it matters to you)

Yes. Check Xperia L/SP thread for randomuser's post of benchmarks.
It's simple: SP has next-gen dual core processor+superior GPU combo that wins over last year's quad core One X+.

Well summarized. Another vote for the Xperia SP.
Just want to add: If official warranty is not a requirement, then get the Nexus 4 @25k. If budget can be extended by 2k get the Optimus G

OP
Sudh4r

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ I know you have a N4 and you love it. Initially u were facing a mental turmoil same here guru_urug, I love the device but I cant risk my 25k.
What if sth goes wrong, where can I get it fixed? And the glass panel in the rear is too fragile. And lot more qns.

Regarding OPTIMUS G - will there be any price drop ? Cause I have already extended my budget by 3k from 25. So if cost drops to 28k, I can afford it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Regarding OPTIMUS G - will there be any price drop ? Cause I have already extended my budget by 3k from 25. So if cost drops to 28k, I can afford it.

LG to launch Optimus G Pro in June-July for around INR 40K. G Pro for 40k MRP (37-38k street price) should force G to drop below the 30k mark.

guru_urug

iGoogle
^ I know you have a N4 and you love it. Initially u were facing a mental turmoil same here guru_urug, I love the device but I cant risk my 25k.
What if sth goes wrong, where can I get it fixed? And the glass panel in the rear is too fragile. And lot more qns.

Yes I agree, thats why I mentioned if official warranty is not a problem. The back is fragile but a cover protecting it will suffice. Other than that the device is a beast.

In case warranty is must, my full unbiased vote and recommendation goes to Xperia SP under 28k.

Last edited:
OP
Sudh4r

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Yes I agree, thats why I mentioned if official warranty is not a problem. The back is fragile but a cover protecting it will suffice. Other than that the device is a beast.

OK guys these are my options now.

WAIT for the price drop of OPTIMUS G. And the best option IMO will be, wait up to MAY 15 to see whether GOOGLE is introducing any new devices or a 32GB N4. So I have to ask my friend in US to get it for me.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
yeah yeah.. wait for "better" things and remember there is better options avialable than any of the best items today :p

PS:: Sarcasm intended

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Please check the LG Optimus G also, available at flipkart for around 31K, should be lower in local stores.
With the same Snadragon S4 as Xperia Z, 2GB RAM and 1280 * 720 screen, it can handle the gpu intensive tasks better and maybe longer than the Xperia Z.
However, LG does not provide timely updates, which can be a dealbreaker.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
At flipkart it is 31k - should be cheaper locally :|. Try some local shops, not the chains like Univercell / Mobile Store / Sangeetha.

kapilove77

Padawan
Better get ZL as i am using it. Except waterproof it got same specs but little more features like remote control. I got it for 31k locally.

aroraanant

Explorer
It would be difficult to comment on SP before it arrives and it gets widely available.But on papers it looks quite good.
One X+ is anyday a good option to me after the price cut it has got.

OP
Sudh4r

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
It would be difficult to comment on SP before it arrives and it gets widely available.But on papers it looks quite good.
One X+ is anyday a good option to me after the price cut it has got.

The price cut is the main reason I opted for ONE X+, but looking at the benchmark scores b/w these two - SP was ahead. So why spend money on ONE X+ when I can lay my hands on a better performing device. So I will refrain from getting ONE X+.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Why don't you try some local shops? You may get LG Optmus G for 29.5 k or so.

Or else wait few weeks for it to drop to 28. After S4/HTC One launch Xperia Z/ZL prices will drop to 33/29.5k ~ so LG Optimus G prices may drop to below 28.

OP
Sudh4r

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ I can wait for a month, no issues in that.

Now another choice XPERIA ZL - if it's price drops below 30K.

Top Bottom