Ironman

In the zone
OK - First things first this is going to be my 1st Android Phone

For the past few days i searched and researched and came up with the following

my NEEDs:
A reasonably good quality and Large Screen
Good Speakers
Processor >= 1Ghz
Price around 15000 , i can stretch another 1000 or 2000 if it really gives good things like powerful hardware or some thing other

As for now i am stuck with the following:

1.HTC Wildfire C (aka HTC GOLD) -- By far my favorite (Google it for Specs)
2.Xperia Neo V + ICS 4 Update
3.LG Optimus L5 E610 (Great Screen + ICS Bundled)
4.HTC Desire S (Various Online Forums Suggest this)
5.Motorolla Defy Plus (Vendor in South city Kolkata Says good)
6.Xperia Ray
7.Live with Walkman (Everything good except 3.2 Screen , like the great speakers)
8.HTC One V (Like it because bundled with ICS but i feel its over priced)
9.Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
10.Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos

I am also Interested in HTC Sensation but dont know its price ?
is it available within 17 k ?

Question :Is Front Camera really necessary ?

I will be buying today or tomorrow , so please hurry and post the advice , i will be online the whole day !

aroraanant

Explorer
Ray and Live With Walkman have small screen so I suggest you to pick one with atleast 3.5 or above screen size.
No for Samsung Ace plus and Duos
And also we have better options than Defy+.
HTC Wildfire C is not yet announced,So I guess it is not gonna arrive before 1-2 months in market.
So the options you have are:
Desire S costs 16k
Neo V costs 17.2k
One V 17-17.5k
apart from that you can also consider Incredible S which costs around 18k.
You can use some coupon on ebay and can bring the price down.
And Sensation costs around 21-22k..
And even LG Optimus L5 E610 is not gonna arrive in India soon, and also I think Incredible S is better than that.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1.HTC Wildfire C (aka HTC GOLD) -- By far my favorite (Google it for Specs)
2.Xperia Neo V + ICS 4 Update
3.LG Optimus L5 E610 (Great Screen + ICS Bundled)
4.HTC Desire S (Various Online Forums Suggest this)
5.Motorolla Defy Plus (Vendor in South city Kolkata Says good)
6.Xperia Ray
7.Live with Walkman (Everything good except 3.2 Screen , like the great speakers)
8.HTC One V (Like it because bundled with ICS but i feel its over priced)
9.Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
10.Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos

don't wait for new mobile launches. it may take months or it mayn't get launched here.
1. HTC Gold is a to be launched mobile. forget it.
2. ICS update is on way. Specs are nice and looks good.
3. L5 too is a yet to be launched mobile. and CPU is same as found on HTC Explorer. #FAIL
4. Yes. This one is another one to be considered.
5. You can consider this too but no ICS for it. and screen is plain LCD.
6. 3.3" and some say keyboard is PITA to use. google it.
7. nope.
8. overpriced.
9. it should be named Galaxy Crap Plus.
10. This one Crap Plus Duos :|

Raccoon

Journeyman

Lol, wish I could show these to friends who are using the Ace of Crap. :p

As for the Ray, saying the stock keyboard is PITA is an understatement. I swear I would have tracked down and murdered the maker of this phone if it weren't for way better alternatives. Now its manageable. Still, you have to be extra precise. If you want to quickly type something when walking or driving, then its a much bigger problem. Also browsing, reading and gaming is not at its best on such a small, narrow screen. Other than this its a good phone with high end features. I feel 3'2 screen is comparatively "tolerable" (because its wider than 3.3!) and 3'7 is "optimal"...because beyond that, things get difficult to carry, esp. in pockets.

aroraanant

Explorer
don't wait for new mobile launches. it may take months or it mayn't get launched here.
1. HTC Gold is a to be launched mobile. forget it.
2. ICS update is on way. Specs are nice and looks good.
3. L5 too is a yet to be launched mobile. and CPU is same as found on HTC Explorer. #FAIL
4. Yes. This one is another one to be considered.
5. You can consider this too but no ICS for it. and screen is plain LCD.
6. 3.3" and some say keyboard is PITA to use. google it.
7. nope.
8. overpriced.

2.The update has already arrived.
8. For 17k you think it is overpriced!!! coz I think it is ok considering the price of other phones from other brands.
10.Just a small correction, its on duos, not plus duos ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2.The update has already arrived.
8. For 17k you think it is overpriced!!! coz I think it is ok considering the price of other phones from other brands.
10.Just a small correction, its on duos, not plus duos ;)

yes, it has arrived. ah, i was talking about desire S. posted it on wrong point :oops:

Desire S cost lot less. V now cost 16.8k only :razz: (at buytheprice)

OP
Ironman

Ironman

In the zone
I Visited Lancedown , South City ,and Rabindra Sadan Vendors
and "Mobile Store" in 2 Places

Every Where , they said that "HTC Desire S and HTC Incredible S are Obsolete models , they dont sell it any more i cannot find any shop in kolkata now which will sell them, In HTC all they have is One V , Explorer and ChaCha . and also they dont have HTC Sensation , (Actually what ever i say about HTC models thay always insist me on Selling the One v, i dont know why)"
They Also say all the online websites selling Those models are of old stock and suggesting not to buy online

So
@aroraanant
I have to remove Desire S and Incredible S From my Wish List

@ All

Now i have in my list
HTC One V
Xperia Neo V
Moving on to another Story:
Place : South City Mall , Spencer Mobile Shop
They have Plenty of mobiles to choose from
One Vendor there always presses on Defy Plus , and always tells me to buy that
he says it is the best phone in that price range , yesterday when i went to ask the price of Neo V
He Said "Why are you buying it , Defy plus is much better than Neo V also it has much more memory , scratch proof and water proof also it is exactly the same as Neo V except the Front Camera , which is in his Opinion Useless as it is a VGA Camera , Neo V is a Faaltoo (Bengali for Really useless ) phone and it gets scratched . Also says Neo V is a Old Model " -- Whats your Opinion about this ?

Also another point that really let me postpone for a day is that he said that Neo V has only 320 mb of Memory and Defy Plus has 2 gb of memory
which is a big difference and also many apps are installed in internal memory so according to him internal memory should be big also HD Games need atleast 60 mb free space to install

1.Is it really Justified to Buy Defy Plus instead of Neo V ?

PS the Phone proposed usage:
I(College Student) use it in home for listening music and install various apps seeing Videos
Mother will Record Music and also Listen to music
Brother will Play Games and listen to music
Father will Browse Net and

And ofcourse Taking and Receiving calls

2.Another thing he says that Video Calling is not possible for any Phones even if it has Front Camera , except Samsung and LG Phones ,

3.Is memory (Internal) will be a Problem in the future for installing heavy apps ? in Neo V
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defy Plus Memory Query
Motorola DEFY+ - Water Resistant - Dustproof - Android Smartphone - Tech Specs - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Rest of Europe
Says 1GB available internal ROM

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/150741-mobile-reference-guide-may-2012-a.html
Says 2 GB Internal Memory

Which one is correct ?

To the Forum Developer the Random Question is Killing me !

<To Moderator = Add this to my Last post>

I also Found out Many People have Problems in Using Neo V when it is updated to ICS or Android 4

An update on our Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 rollout for 2011 Xperia? smartphones — Sony Xperia Product Blog

Read it for yourself

and another vendor suggests that if i want android 4 , it is better to but HTC One V than Buying Neo V and Upgrading it to ICS

Whats your Opinion ?

Comparison
Compare Motorola Defy Plus vs Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V MT11i vs HTC One V (Primo) | SmartPrix

If you have any other mobiles for suggestion then tell me that too, but quickly:shock:

aroraanant

Explorer
Defy+ over Neo V are you seriously kidding me....
Neo V is far better, specially the screen and camera and also in terms of software update.
I don't know why Incredible S and Desire S are not available there, and also if you will one(incredible S) then the price is not gonna be less than 20k, but I guess you should get Desire S in local market, it is widely available available everywhere.
Then just get hands on Neo V and One V and choose the one which you like the most, both are amazing phones and its really a tough call.
But I guess One V will surely get atleast one software update where as there are very less chances that Neo V will get another as it has already got one.

Raccoon

Journeyman
I too was unable to find Desire S and Incredible S in shops here. I too was told they are obselete models and so they have stopped stocking them. If you are buying online from say eBay, you can always call the buyer to ask what the manuf. date is.

As for Neo V getting scratched easily, I suspect it'll have a factory installed screen guard, just like the Ray. This screen guard is so well installed, that its difficult to seven detect it. Its possible those people who are complaining of scratches appearing easily are seeing scratches on this screen guard rather than the screen itself; since the screen is supposed to be made of mineral glass ...if not Dragontrail glass.

Choice between Defy + and Neo V is easy - if cam is important, forget the Defy. If cam is unimportant and if water resistance, durability and better build is important, go for Defy +.

OP
Ironman

Ironman

In the zone
Settling for Neo V

1 Problem , How to solve the Memory problem
how to install apps in SD Card

Without Rooting !

aroraanant

Explorer
Settling for Neo V

1 Problem , How to solve the Memory problem
how to install apps in SD Card

Without Rooting !
You can move the apps to SD card easily directly with the inbuilt software or by 3rd party software available on google play(android market) like App 2 SD